City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Regarding any claims for compensation... Would City be able to use that as leverage for other stuff?
Well they were already bitching and moaning that they couldnt afford their legal bills after this theyll be forced to be represented by harris, delooney and sandra whose sole argument they defo done it cos i said so and im special

The Etihad deal was up for renewal for another 10 years and its was for about £800million

Yeah but it’s already £65m a year and we’ve only missed out on 2 years because of this rule. We won’t be able to claim the full 800 and then renew with Etihad a week later.

I guess where it’d get really interesting is if we said we couldn’t sign player X or had to sell player Y because we were missing the extra £15m a year….

You obviously didn’t read the CAS ruling. Eleven times they stated there was no evidence of misrepresenting owner funding as sponsorship income.
You really must try harder
Depends what evidence CAS had vs what the PL had and put before the panel - plus the PL now has a raging hard-on for City so even if one charge sticks I suspect they'll be inclined to go in hard and dry.

I actually think this is the beginning of the end for the PL anyway - shit refereeing and shit legal frameworks. The PL was created when the Clubs moved away from existing ecosystem and I suspect the same will happen again.

I’m not missing any point, a poster asked if the PL actually won anything at all and the answer is yes.

You can claim the club didn’t have a problem with the original APT rules, that doesn’t change the fact they just spent a lot of time and money trying to get them thrown out, the rules were on the line and we were unsuccessful, which is a win for the PL.

It might not be something the club are devastated about, but it’s ridiculous to claim that winning an argument at arbitration isn’t a win when the consequences of losing would have been huge.

They’re entitled to celebrate that because they’d be absolutely fucked if we’d won.

I doubt the PL are celebrating. I'm not at all fooled by the spin, it's another embarrassing and, this time, potentially costly defeat for them (partly because some of their latest changes were found to be "illegal" and partly because they couldn't even apply their own rules properly) on the back of the Leicester disaster. Here's to three in a row.

And they wouldn't be absolutely fucked if the APT rules were totally thrown out. There are other ways to monitor fair values already in the rules. The APT rules are an absolute sledgehammer to crack the proverbial walnut and they should do themselves a favour and ditch them themselves.

The tide is turning and it's turning against the like of the Arse, Utd and Ted Bundypool FC. Especially the Arse, bunch of total hypocrites with their Rwanda sponsorships, Emirates (no oil money here malarkey) and pathetic attempts to land us in it down the years. A nasty, bitter, spiteful bunch of tossers who are making themselves more and more unpopular with each passing week. PSR may get them on the interest-free shareholder loans at some point which would be poetic justice, using an unlawful and anti-competitive method to stay clear of PSR failings.
GIRUY ....there will be more to come
Yep. You fuck with us and we’ll fuck you. ALL your debt is unfair, you wankers. How you gonna deal wiv that, bro, blud, innit? Ha fucking ha. I suggest you write a letter on that lovely letterhead you wave about in your attempts to fuck us. Karma, Karma, Karma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.