City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

They'll just convert it to equity. In any case the loans were made for stadium upgrades as opposed to player purchases so whether that makes any difference who knows, I guess it's significant as otherwise KSE wouldn't have stipulated it in that way.

All today's ruling does is ban bullshit shareholder financing but allow bullshit APT deals. The flies will just move from one pile of dung to the other.
In the last set of accounts published by Arsenal I seem to recall that the certain of the loans that KSE had advanced to Arsenal to settle historic debt linked to the stadium build had already had to be assessed to take account of the preferential rates in addition it would seem that despite the “ higher moral ground “ it now seems that Arsenal who are owned by KSE are close to selling the ground to… KSE. Oh the irony
Many are assuming that all that will happen is owner loans will be converted into equity and yes that may well happen but this issue has opened up a can of worms which could well involve further challenges around equity.
Today’s ruling will inevitably lead to rule and just as importantly procedural changes how that will impact we will see but personally I think there is a lot more to play out in this matter, well the APT rules

Where I understand City might have the biggest issues are some allegations around City execs misrepresenting owner funding as sponsorship income. Anyway I'm far from an expert on this and it's only based on some things I've heard which are just as likely to be bollocks as not so please don't take this as my personal opinion, only a response to what I've heard are possibly the toughest of the 115 charges for City to overcome.
I have to say that you're right on two key points:

1. You're far from an expert.
2. What you've heard is likely to be bollocks.

This was all tested at CAS and found to be above board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.