City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Depends what evidence CAS had vs what the PL had and put before the panel - plus the PL now has a raging hard-on for City so even if one charge sticks I suspect they'll be inclined to go in hard and dry.

I actually think this is the beginning of the end for the PL anyway - shit refereeing and shit legal frameworks. The PL was created when the Clubs moved away from existing ecosystem and I suspect the same will happen again.
They have nothing new

Anyone got the headlines from when arsenal first leaked this case to the press a couple of months back? I seem to remember the word 'nuclear' involved, and the general feel that we were about to end football...

All turned out to be major bullshit of course, despite us winning

Hopefully a landmark decision that ends then as a club instead.

I won't bother linking it but Barney Ronay has come up with a very long and tedious pile of shite masquerading as an article in The Guardian. Basically we have won fuck all.
Not quite. A lot of Barney blather as usual (I quite like him tbh)...but at the end he says it's basically a draw but with the blue corner shading it on work rate and aggression. A little dig in there, but accepts the premise of what City are trying to do (with some success).

A few thoughts. Should interest on directors loans not be back dated ? Check for previous years breaches due to extra costs ? If so for when ? When APT rules came in ? Or when FFP came in ? Surely directors loans could be considered related party or APT ?

Also the tribunal has not ruled APT illegal but I am confused as to how they can argue that the premier league can go above and beyond Related Party without arguing there is some problem with the law in general for all business (surely parliaments job not the courts or the premier leagues ). I think theoretically Related Party / APT should be as strict as possible provided it’s done fairly. I just don’t see why football should be different to any other business

They are incredibly stupid not to realise that all this would have come out eventually if they took us to court.

Did they seriously think we would just roll over and accept the charges?
They obviously did mate.
But i think that they've been told from Masters or whoever at the Premier League that there is a plan to bury us/ get rid of us with the 115 thrown at us and that nobody will find out and we'll be unable to do anything.
And also I'd like to think that we've been collecting tons of evidence over the years, just waiting for the dam to burst and fight back. The Premier League have scored one of the biggest own goals ever and we've give them enough rope to hang themselves with.

Today was their worst nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.