City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

True. There aren't many legal "experts" you can trust for a fair and neutral analysis of a situation. I just want to understand the legal issues at stake, I can make my own mind up what is likely to happen then.
We don't need any bias on our side, just neutral, sensible commentary on our cases.

We have a case to answer, let us do that and once judgment is made then either we win or lose and the same for the PL, although whichever side loses the 115 case the fall out will be huge and game changing.

Despite the absolute clarity of the CAS media briefing,CAS media release.png

various, self-named-experts and client journalists have sought to continue to explain away the unequivocal declaration of Manchester City's innocence. This will now continue with the ATP case, and beyond, because clicks generate income, and rival fans are desperate.

How the fuck can Kieran Maguire say not a lot has changed when an arbitrator has ruled the rules are unlawful.

It’s absolutely clear what’s been going on & it should be communicated that way the cheating cunts. The innuendo thrown around about us & when there is a clear description of corruption they can’t see it.

Don't know why he is even commenting. This case wasn't about finance, it was legal and he has no clue, even less than we have on here. As you can tell from his answers to some pretty dumb questions.

The PL stated that loans given by directors did not have to be declared for PSR. This helped Arsenal and others comply with the rules.
It's now been ruled illegal and the PL state it only counts from now and will not be backdated.
If it's unlawful and has been for 3 years, how can they just ignore the loans ? That in itself sounds unlawful. In other words they've failed PSR for 3 years.
Further, even if it starts from now, I assume Arsenal will have to declare any outstanding loans and could therefore he in deep shit. Can anyone enlighten me.

That was my first thought reading the award. They have been applying rules that didn't comply with competition law in respect of shareholder loans since 2021. So, if there is a club that has suffered a loss through the application of these illegal rules, then surely that club has a right to compensation in the same way City does for any losses incurred as a result of their application to them. Maybe Arsenal would have breached PSR, or Brighton, maybe they should have been deducted points and just maybe the final table positions would have changed and distributions have been different?

You can't just wave a magic wand and say it's all OK from now on, surely? There must be some consequences to applying illegal rules.

Barney Ronay is a mendacious ****, made clear by his claims that the PL statement and ours were "notable for their contrasting tones":

The Premier League went for airy and vindicated, not angry just sad. Manchester City stuck with terse, hostile and finger-pointy.
So on the one hand we have: “The Premier League welcomes the Tribunal’s findings, which endorsed the overall objectives, framework and decision-making of the APT system.” But wait. What’s this? “The Club has succeeded with its claim: the Associated Party Transaction (APT) rules have been found to be unlawful.”

He obviously missed the bit where our statement opened with:
"Manchester City Football Club thanks the distinguished members of the Arbitral Tribunal for their work and considerations and welcomes their findings."

Terse, hostile and finger-pointy, my arse! Go fuck yourself Ronay!
BRIAC

Don't know why he is even commenting. This case wasn't about finance, it was legal and he has no clue, even less than we have on here. As you can tell from his answers to some pretty dumb questions.

He goes on these shows & gives a view that seems like he’d read the tabloids rather than judgement. I heard a trader once say you should never get financial advice off a Commentator, if they knew what they were on about they’d be making the big bucks.

We don't need any bias on our side, just neutral, sensible commentary on our cases.

We have a case to answer, let us do that and once judgment is made then either we win or lose and the same for the PL, although whichever side loses the 115 case the fall out will be huge and game changing.

Again true. But it's most likely in that case there will be some "wins" and some "losses" for both parties, the same as in this one. Then we can all fight over who "won" again :)

That was my first thought reading the award. They have been applying rules that didn't comply with competition law in respect of shareholder loans since 2021. So, if there is a club that has suffered a loss through the application of these illegal rules, then surely that club has a right to compensation in the same way City does for any losses incurred as a result of their application to them. Maybe Arsenal would have breached PSR, or Brighton, maybe they should have been deducted points and just maybe the final table positions would have changed and distributions have been different?

You can't just wave a magic wand and say it's all OK from now on, surely? There must be some consequences to applying illegal rules.

The theme I keep seeing now is we don’t want this in the courtroom & it’s bad look for the premier league. Why can’t this be resolved around the table.

Oh & the best one yet. No one would like to see City relegated!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.