City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The PL stated that loans given by directors did not have to be declared for PSR. This helped Arsenal and others comply with the rules.
It's now been ruled illegal and the PL state it only counts from now and will not be backdated.
If it's unlawful and has been for 3 years, how can they just ignore the loans ? That in itself sounds unlawful. In other words they've failed PSR for 3 years.
Further, even if it starts from now, I assume Arsenal will have to declare any outstanding loans and could therefore he in deep shit. Can anyone enlighten me.
im sure if caught us it would be backdated, i dont know but city might be playing game oh look what weve found finacial doping but never mind were above being bitter about just dont do it again

Barney Ronay is a mendacious ****, made clear by his claims that the PL statement and ours were "notable for their contrasting tones":

The Premier League went for airy and vindicated, not angry just sad. Manchester City stuck with terse, hostile and finger-pointy.
So on the one hand we have: “The Premier League welcomes the Tribunal’s findings, which endorsed the overall objectives, framework and decision-making of the APT system.” But wait. What’s this? “The Club has succeeded with its claim: the Associated Party Transaction (APT) rules have been found to be unlawful.”

He obviously missed the bit where our statement opened with:
"Manchester City Football Club thanks the distinguished members of the Arbitral Tribunal for their work and considerations and welcomes their findings."

Terse, hostile and finger-pointy, my arse! Go fuck yourself Ronay!
Terse, hostile and fingerpointy is absolutely fine by me though. The tone of our statement is perfectly apt imo.

It is incredible that the BBC online team has ignored the judgement summary which spells out in stark terms that the PL has acted illegally and unfairly. This can’t be an accident. This can only be bad faith.
Is this misinformation, disinformation or malinformation or perhaps a combination of all three?

Already demoted to 2nd news story on Sky Sports News
While the results of the APT judgement was announced, the senior SSN reporter spent all her time yesterday (Reddy) outside Old Scaffold telling us the rags are planning a meeting.
tu3xhUI.gif

The ruling was sent to the pl and city around 2 to 3 weeks ago, it was sent to the other pl clubs yesterday, its impossible to think that one of them wouldnt have leaked it, also the ruling forced the pl to release a poorly and hastily put together face saving statement so it was always going to get out.
I'm not sure about the hastily bit? The ruling could only be released when both parties agreed, if the PL didn't have a statement ready they needed to simply not agree to it's release until they did?

There is a huge sports news story to be told here, an independent panel of three well respected retired judges have issued a report and adjudication that suggests that the governing body of one of the most important sports leagues in the world is, at its most generous interpretation, utterly incompetent and chaotic or, much worse, utterly corrupt and in cahoots with a subset of clubs to disort and manipulate the competition. In many ways the fact it was City bringing the action is irrelevant to the real substance of the story.

But instead what we get from.significant portions of the press is the kind of crap Barney Ronay has served up today which has already been called out by multiple posters. The level of sophistry being employed to avoid writing the real story is an indication, with a few honourable exceptions, of just how bankrupt much of what passes for sports journalism in this country these days actually is.

On the last paragraph, being perfectly honest, I'm not sure I would want it any other way! Their feeble and obvious attempts here make it somewhat all that little bit more enjoyable.

After explaining to my mate that we did get a result and not lose he ended the WhatsApp chat with "don't know what you were all moaning about to win everything anyway"....it's his goto line, uses it with shit reffing decisions when he has nowhere to go with his points.

Such a shame this has been made public during an international break..... almost like it was planned that way.
Both parties held the cards as to when it was published as both had to agree to it before it was released, if City felt it was a bad time PR wise they could have just held off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.