City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

How is a rival club a witness anyway? Are they just stating what was said in a meeting? Or maybe part of a defence for the PL against an allegation of red corruption? Or the viewpoint of the damned (Everton) or a sympathy vote of a smaller club (Bournemouth)?

Maybe these clubs were just called up and had no choice but to attend? Maybe some even supported City's point of view but were called by the PL for specific actions?
No, those appearing for City will say they feel the rules are discriminatory towards there club also because it affects them in x,y,z.

The question I have is that if the tribunal have found certain aspects of the PSR and APT rules to be unlawful, how did this come to pass ?

The PL had sought legal advice before drafting the rules , were they implemented despite the legal advice or was the legal advice simply wrong

It all points to a set of rules that have been curated and pushed through by a certain number of clubs specifically targeted at City, and probably more prominently, Newcastle

This surely has a bearing on the 115 case , setting our stall out that there are rules specifically targeted at our club that were unlawful

Email to BBC North West after last night's "City have failed..." item:

Have you given up the nonsense that City "failed" in its challenge to the APT rules?

It's not difficult to see who "won". Will City be able to claim compensation for the PL's rules being unlawful? If "yes", see "win".

If that statement wasnt hastily cobbled together the pl are in worse shape than we thought
Then that must be the truth of it because they had as much time as they wanted, also they have had the document since the 25th September-you would think somebody somewhere within the PL would have managed to work on a draft statement in 19 days?

We won some of the points in this one but also didn't manage to win others.
Will we be able to claim court costs back or not because it wasn't a clean sweep of wins?

The question I have is that if the tribunal have found certain aspects of the PSR and APT rules to be unlawful, how did this come to pass ?

The PL had sought legal advice before drafting the rules , were they implemented despite the legal advice or was the legal advice simply wrong
In respect of one of the rules, the PL was given specific advice and went against it, thus rendering that particular rule to be unlawful.

In any normal sphere this would be the story, but it’s not.

Then that must be the truth of it because they had as much time as they wanted, also they have had the document since the 25th September-you would think somebody somewhere within the PL would have managed to work on a draft statement in 19 days?
I dont disagree with you mate, just the content of the statement looks like it was put together in 19 seconds

So, under the current rules 0% shareholder loans are accepted but they are now unlawful.

A few clubs will need to factor in FMA interest rates into their PSR.

We’re told an easy solution to this is to turn those loans into equity - if that shareholder has the appetite to do so (which is a big assumption).

So my question is, are shareholders now allowed to pump equity into a club, regardless of how much and, if so, is there anything stopping our owners from doing the same?

I haven’t a clue and would love some clarity on that if someone on here knows the answer

Slightly (greatly)confused on shareholder loans. Am I right in thinking that a shareholder loan doesn't affect PSR, in so much as an owner can't just give a loan that would allow a club to pass PSR. As an example if club had an £80m shortfall for PSR, an owner can't just inject £80m as a loan to allow a club to pass PSR. Is it only that clubs should be paying interest on such loans that is the problem. Then It as been said that the loan will be converted into equity. So if the loan becomes equity can that money be used for anything and does it help with PSR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.