City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

"attempt to destroy the APT rules"

Not true, I would imagine the last thing our execs want is Newcastle and Co getting a blank cheque

It is true. We took the PL to court over the full set of rules, not certain parts of them. The intention would have been to ensure those that restrict us were removed - job done. But we didn't limit our case to certain elements of the rulebook we sought to remove all of them.

Stefan is a lawyer first and a City fan second, which is why he's a credible voice.

Yes, it's nice to see the PL and the ragtops squirm as their confidence drains away but that is incidental to the facts. The facts are as @slbsn explained. In the big picture, this judgement doesn't mean too much for the future as the rules will be tweaked to comply. That's the correct position for a legal person to take imo, he's not a cheerleader.

The really interesting part here to me is that it has been legally established that the PL broke its own rules in how it dealt with City.

Only if reports are to be believed they can't just tweak the rules, those rules have been declared null and void.

I've been disappointed in his mutual response considering he's a Blue. Martin Samuel's gave us better support.
He constantly plays things down. Said at the outset we were unlikely to have any success with this case,
He was clearly wrong.
He’s not a mouthpiece for City, far from it. In this instance his response is not even objective. He’s a mouthpiece for himself who is getting some sort of benefit from the exposure.

You know what, it’s actually nice and heartwarming that we’ve finally manned up and come out swinging. How many times have we all bemoaned our PR and the way we take it up the arse too many times without a fight? Well, those gloves are most certainly off now, no coming back from this. I love the way we’ve allowed Keegan to quote that he’s been shown the email, sends a clear message.

I think the quote of “never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake” has been playing out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.