City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

That link is very revealing.

In summary it seems we are saying ATP is unlawful, all of it. So what if we didn’t win on a few counts. We only needed to win one for it to be unlawful.

We are bringing the house down. After years of frustration with our softly, softly approach, the gloves are now off. There is no going back.

It's all.of their own making. We tried, God how we tried, to conform, to fit in, to appease and to be nice. The only problem was we kept on winning things. In spite of all their hatred, bile, illegal rule changes, letter writing and a relentless media smear campaign, we just kept on winning. Trophy after trophy while playing the best football this country had ever seen. They mistook our kindness for weakness, until the bullies went one step too far, bouyed by our compliance. They wanted to wipe out our family. Now they've found out. Oh fucking have they!

Stefan is a lawyer first and a City fan second, which is why he's a credible voice.

Yes, it's nice to see the PL and the ragtops squirm as their confidence drains away but that is incidental to the facts. The facts are as @slbsn explained. In the big picture, this judgement doesn't mean too much for the future as the rules will be tweaked to comply. That's the correct position for a legal person to take imo, he's not a cheerleader.

The really interesting part here to me is that it has been legally established that the PL broke its own rules in how it dealt with City.
Certain individuals/clubs and in conjunction with the PL, have been found to be acting like a cartel. Introducing unlawful measures to try and nobble other member clubs. For me THAT is the bigger picture and it’s disappointing that Stefan is seemingly playing it all down as it doesn’t mean too much blah blah blah with regards to APT. Never mind APT, what about clubs acting in bad faith towards other clubs. Why is the cartel piece not the big story here?

I dont think that, but he does keep getting invited bk and historically that has meant towing the party line where talksport is concerned.
It was meant as tongue in cheek.
But the more time you spend with someone the more like them you can become

City-chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, reportedly told UEFA general secretary  at the time, Gianni Infantino, that he “would rather spend 30 million on  the 50 best lawyers in the world to sue them (
I just love him and want his babies.

It's quite odd to hear Jordan claiming a City win and Stefan being more neutral.

In Stefan's defence, he's trying to give his qualified opinion on things. City brought a number of matters to the court with an attempt to destroy the APT rules. The fact we didn't succeed on that means there is an argument we didn't win. I would have thought Stefan would know enough at this point to understand City's true intention was to reverse the rule changes that have blocked our most recent sponsorship deals and in winning on those points it's job done.

I would also think that he's more keen to calm the rhetoric that this will destroy football and lead to City being able to do whatever we want. If he's openly claiming a City win he probably loses all credibility when it comes to making that argument.
I imagine it's quite scripted. Jordan as the agitator (of red shirt listeners) and Stephan presenting the counter / neutral view. Talk sport sticks to a formula to keep people on the hook long enough to hear selko ads.

It's quite odd to hear Jordan claiming a City win and Stefan being more neutral.

In Stefan's defence, he's trying to give his qualified opinion on things. City brought a number of matters to the court with an attempt to destroy the APT rules. The fact we didn't succeed on that means there is an argument we didn't win. I would have thought Stefan would know enough at this point to understand City's true intention was to reverse the rule changes that have blocked our most recent sponsorship deals and in winning on those points it's job done.

I would also think that he's more keen to calm the rhetoric that this will destroy football and lead to City being able to do whatever we want. If he's openly claiming a City win he probably loses all credibility when it comes to making that argument.
As i said yesterday the idea that we attempted to destroy the original apt rules is fundamentally inaccurate, we were concerned with the amendments and how they were being specifically applied to us, on both those specifics we were proved correct and as a by product the entirety of the rules now have to be looked at, to suggest otherwise is buying the pl spin

Only in this country can the media report the opinion of the losing side as fact rather than quote the actual findings of the tribunal. Perhaps it’s the fantasy age we live in where the premier league can self identify as winners and proclaim ‘their truth’.

This country always like a loser and big's it up as a winner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.