City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

There is many on here as qualified as stefan to interpret the legalities as much as stefan is yet they choose not to do it on talk radio and for me i trust citys legal counsel to interpret it better than a legal expert on talksport whether he is a city fan or not, like i said i am not doubting stefans credentials what i am doubting is where he chooses to exercise that expertise.
All a bit weird - I've been on here for 20 years, on Twitter for 15, writing on these topics for maybe 10 years, podcasts for 10? and watching City since 1982. So I do "it", in a lot of places. And I try and be objective. You do understand that the club are not trying to be objective don't you? It is not their job.

Some of the stick Stefan gets is a bit unnecessary. He's asked to give his professional opinion on these matters, and doesn't deserve grief just because it's perhaps not what people want to hear! It's fine to disagree with him, forums are all about debate, but should at least be courteous.
My apologies if stefan feels like it was a negative attack, it wasnt my intention, i have gone out of my way to say i respect his intelligence and expertise, i do question where he chooses to exercise it and his interpretation but i dont think he is infallible same as all of us.

All a bit weird - I've been on here for 20 years, on Twitter for 15, writing on these topics for maybe 10 years, podcasts for 10? and watching City since 1982. So I do "it", in a lot of places. And I try and be objective. You do understand that the club are not trying to be objective don't you? It is not their job.
Yes i understand that and at any point have i questioned your expertise?

Not reading the last hundred posts, but I was trying to work out why City say the Rules are null and void (not a phrase in the judgment).

The overall conclusions (592-602) list the challenges where City succeeded and those ("all others") failed, which sounds like they just have to tinker with the Rules.

But p. 164 is the judgment (with its ABD mistake - should be AND):
FOR THE ABOVE REASONS WE, SIR NIGEL TEARE, CHRISTOPHER VAJDA KC AND LORD DYSON HEREBY AWARD ABD DECLARE:

(i) that the APT Rules are unlawful
(ii) that the Amended APT Rules are unlawful
(iii) that APT Rules and the Amended APT Rules are unlawful

So I presume that if they're unlawful, they are all null and void.
It's the fact that they're unlawful because they currently exclude soft associated party loans, not unlawful as a holistic concept.

What interests me here is how/when the attractive shareholder loans will be brought under PSR (seems to be City's main gripe that it wasn't from the start) - how will FMV apply and what will it mean when certain clubs with large amounts of cheapo (non FMV) shareholder loans have to comply?

Cool. I'll advise Kroenke to pay himself the money he owes himself. Maybe he can do a PayPal transfer from his Handelsbank account to his Coutts account?

It's kind of moot anyway as the whole FFP ecosystem changes next year anyway so let's see what that looks like.
He is already doing that you dickhead, hence the +£200 million loans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.