City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Samuel has no legal training and Cliff's job is to protect City at all costs. They are not good sources.
So if Samuel had the same training as GDM he'd be kosher and Cliff isn't representing the advice of our entire legal team? I know you feel the need to line up with the forum admin to support Stefan but really.

Exactly this.
He’s a fraud not a friend. Not even a transparent objective one at that.
It’s all about self serving exposure for him.
His stance after this current ruling is pathetic.
Unlawful rules that have to be thrown out of the cartel’s playbook.APT rules deemed null and void in their current guise with the PL scurrying to have them re written
Our lucrative sponsorships rejected, twice, due to these unlawful rules, possibly leaving the PL exposed to an expensive claim.
Not to mention the loans clubs give themselves being highlighted and told they can’t continue and the effect it has on our opponents.
If those things alone aren’t a win then WTF is. Certainly not a 1-1 draw in my eyes.
You only need to read our letter to other clubs to get the picture, but of course Stefan plays that down as well, saying “well, it’s just what lawyers do in such disputes”..Ior words to that effect. I don’t think so, not so common and to this extent. We wouldn’t write that letter unless we came from a position of strength.
Frankly, I had my doubts about him and his motives but after this he has zero credibility for me.
And he should stop people referring to his previous involvement with club. He feeds off it and he does us no favours.
Jesus Christ that is an awful post.

Exactly this.
He’s a fraud not a friend. Not even a transparent objective one at that.
It’s all about self serving exposure for him.
His stance after this current ruling is pathetic.
Unlawful rules that have to be thrown out of the cartel’s playbook.APT rules deemed null and void in their current guise with the PL scurrying to have them re written
Our lucrative sponsorships rejected, twice, due to these unlawful rules, possibly leaving the PL exposed to an expensive claim.
Not to mention the loans clubs give themselves being highlighted and told they can’t continue and the effect it has on our opponents.
If those things alone aren’t a win then WTF is. Certainly not a 1-1 draw in my eyes.
You only need to read our letter to other clubs to get the picture, but of course Stefan plays that down as well, saying “well, it’s just what lawyers do in such disputes”..Ior words to that effect. I don’t think so, not so common and to this extent. We wouldn’t write that letter unless we came from a position of strength.
Frankly, I had my doubts about him and his motives but after this he has zero credibility for me.
And he should stop people referring to his previous involvement with club. He feeds off it and he does us no favours.

The stench of bitter jealousy in this post is somewhat incredible

I think that what has come out since the decision was reported is that the governance of football in this country needs an independant regulator and the way our club have responded seems like they are angling towards pushing for one. We've supported the idea since it was mooted but think these events may cause us to really push for it. Our publicly announced retorts seem inclined to say it's current leadership model is not fit for the purpose.

I think that’s slightly wide of the mark about Cliff. Firstly he will be professionally precluded from winning at all costs. Secondly the letter that was sent out was extremely strident of itself and even more so by way of its contents. Thirdly he will have been acting on instructions to do so, that will have been given following advice from others, including no doubt, Pannick.

This is a huge departure from the earlier press release and should be viewed accordingly.

It’s also worth pointing out the poor track record of the legal advice the PL has been in receipt of, which should colour anyone’s views on the relative quality of City’s.
I find what Cliff said about multiple allegations of a rule being unlawful and only 1 is proven then the rule is unlawful quite persuasive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.