City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I'll say this again - if you are the governing body, and in a legal proceeding, the laws you enacted are judged to have been unlawful, unreasonable and unfair it impossible to claim that you won. It is unreasonable to claim a score draw even.

And it is bizarre for anyone to defend you. Clubs, pundits, fans attempting to be magnanimous. This was the thrust of Martin Samuel's article - for that to be described as nonsense just makes no sense to me.

Everyone, from every club, should be outraged by the behavior and, being kind, incompetence of the people we trust to be in charge.

So if Samuel had the same training as GDM he'd be kosher and Cliff isn't representing the advice of our entire legal team? I know you feel the need to line up with the forum admin to support Stefan but really.
Samuel has always been on our side on this, but there are times he writes nonsense too. In the main though he can be an over the top blusterer and while he made some good points this was one of those times.

This is turning into the politics thread.
Both lefties and righties finding each other, readying for battle.
I'll toss a coin into the mix and we can learn the truth.
Does Stefan stand up and celebrate an Haaland hat-trick or does he bemoan that the flag should of gone up for his 3rd goal?

I'll get my cloak

Of course not the PL
You didn’t say who tbf!

Yes, but there’s a huge distinction between a carefully worded press release that some PR agency has been working on for days and a letter that stridently asserts a legal position to the members of the organisation that you have been in litigation with.

The former is necessary and designed principally to limit any damage; the latter is inherently more risky, elective, and would have to be founded (especially in this instance) on unequivocal legal advice.

So the former isn’t really a function of any legal advice, whereas the latter would only be sent following that advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.