City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

It's a worldwide issue, not just the UK.
This is 'just' football, doing similar with real news is fucking scary & downright dangerous.....or maybe i'm just a FOC who knows nothing.
You’re right in everything you say , what is worrying going back to football , it’s every man and his dog who are on City’s back , they can’t all support the red shithouse clubs can they ? What the fuck is wrong with Masters for example ? What is actually wrong with the bloke ? He’s a multi millionaire in his own right ? We’ve brought the best footballing side to his league that this county has ever seen , him and his shills in the press blatantly ignore all of the good things about this football club , the best academy in the country by a distance , employing hundreds of local people from an impoverished part of Manchester, and they’d gladly want us to go out of existence , I just don’t get why they actually want it , that’s the saddest thing of all for me , what the fuck is wrong with these people ? All because this club wins trophies playing beautiful football? We got took over 16 years ago and you’d think it was only a couple of years ago that it happened. I sincerely hope Pep signs a new three year deal as he gets this club and its fans and wipes the fucking floor with the red cartel.

I’ve only just caught up. Some of us have been working since 5am.

I bring lots to this forum, not just breaking news. :-)

But is it fizzling out? Of course it isn’t. Current page 1221.
I've never worked at 5am in my whole life and I'm retired now, that time of morning is reserved for sleeping and the occasional need for a piss.

He says we are:”Owned by an entire country.” Just another racist.
He also says if we were to leave, the team currently in 14th place in the prem would be part of a list of teams left battling it out for the title. Think he has shot his credibility to bits with that load of bollocks. What a fuckin chopper he is!

First of all we are a key member of this PL so the City's desire for change is to be considered against that backdrop. Second, the "enemies" in the room haven't changed - they will be the parties voting on new rules. Third it is clear the tree is standing on PSR, FMV and APT (of some sort). There is simply no basis to think the clubs will agree no regulation and nor would we want that. We are at the top table.

So we are fighting around the edges by definition and assisted by law which is inherently uncertain on complex and evolving areas of sport and competition law and the interaction. Even if the PL no longer existed, do you really think the Super League teams would not largely replicate the UEFA and or the PL regime on financial restrictions? Of course they would. City most likely want a wholesale change of the leadership of the PL - that is understandable given the allegations made against them but we are still part of this family and all successes in cases like this have to be contextualised in the sense that we need the PL to succeed for our own success.
There is a clear desire for change on the part of City's fans and the club. I share it and I suspect that you do to. At the moment I feel driven by a feeling of euphoria but also a desire to see the PL and its client clubs (or is it the other way round?) punished for what they have done. On Talksport this morning you said that clubs wanted a regime best suited to their interests, and you can understand that. You've said it before but you've also said in connection with this case that regulation must be consistent with the law. And this is where our anger arises: for 15 years we have seen the football authorities introduce measures of the most questionable legality without a vote - FFP imposed the most severe limitation on owner investment without a single vote from any representative body despite competition law in the EU stating baldly that ANY attempt to prohibit or limit investment was not allowed and that any sanctios imposed to do so were automarically void. Which club might UEFA have had in its sites? Then we had a series of regulations, known as APT regulations, voted through by the tyranny of the majority, by clubs motivated by fear of two clubs and also by naked self interest, which the PL had good reason to believe were unlawful and which City argued were unenforceable. And City were shown to be right. So what we want is fair play - promised in 2009 but perverted ever since. I want those clubs which have ruined English football to pay for their misdemeanours and an end to a governing body that tries to set one club against another for the benefit of a few "big" clubs and to stop trying to ruin my club. That's all most of us want. I think that's what Khaldoon wants. And from the tone of the club's letter he knows how to get it.

It was a serious remark. Some of the guys attacking slbn need their heads checking, or to go back to the lfc and utd forums, I didn't know which tbh, but I certainly would have thought they would know his history on here during these cases...

When the only voice City fans could hear was the media, slbn provided some clarity (as well as a few others tbf). When the only thing on talksport that City fans could here was how guilty we were slbn provided a balanced pov.

This load of twats now attacking him for seemingly being wrong, shill, a patsy, mealy mouthed... what have they done? Day back and fine fuck all. Except jealously moan at someone who just knows more than them. That's it, just childish jealousy.
Someone who earlier was giving the financial expert financial advice actually wrote that clubs could “right off” loans. I don’t really like calling out grammatical mistakes but this one tickled me in the context in which it was delivered.

I think you’re spot on. It’s jealousy!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.