City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Millions are being spent on legal fees to fight this case. One senior club source says the Premier League’s legal bill has more than quadrupled in the past year, from about £5million to north of £20million. They also point to the fact that since February the Premier League’s own legal department has been forced to shift its focus to this claim when it is also trying to prepare for the hearing into City’s 115 charges. “This is clearly a tactic,” the source said.

My gut reaction to this is that we’re not on very strong ground here and that we might lose this action.

If that happens, the whattaboutery around 115 will ramp up off the charts, despite the two cases having nothing to do with each other.
I think we are on incredibly strong ground , how on earth do the pl think they have a right to tell a company what they can pay anyone for a sponsorship deal and what is the pls defence that its unfair that this team makes more money than that team, how are the dippers, rags, and arsenal going to justify the standard chartered, team viewer and rwandan deals as fair market value

Clearly been written based on a leak from a rival premier league club rather than City.

Which bodes well, given they wouldn’t leak it now if they were confident they would win the case.

It seems City are burning down the house.
As it is from The Times it’s more than likely the leak is from Liverpool FC (again). They really are as thick as thieves.

Glass half full. The club genuinely believes it's getting fucked over on account of being from the Middle East to the point that a UAE-based company faces more restrictions for sponsoring City than it would for United. The club wants to fight this independently from the charges.

A good example would be Arsenal rather than the Rags…

This should help club's image, sigh. Seems so unnecessary to me. Unless they've got real dirt, which I doubt. Exhausting being a City fan.

Is fair market value a bad thing, really? Or is it not being used fairly?

Agree but city Must have a case so why bother doing it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.