City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This is my whole point and I agree with you. People don’t address the bit in bold below though there maybe more to it than I understand.

that the APT Rules are unlawful on account of being in breach of sections 2 and 18 of the Competition Act 1998 because they exclude from their scope shareholder loans and for no other reason;

If this is the case, and it's 'simply' a case of including shareholder loans in this now, it sounds a fairly straightforward change.

But any change would have to be voted on by the stakeholders wouldn't it?

And what would happen if that vote doesn't get enough votes? Any idea?

What I don't understand is how the owner of Leicester can use his own company to sponsor his statium and shirts ?

This never brought up. You can't a have sponsor who's related to you.
You can sponsor your own shirt and statium and give free loads.

I don't understand how Leicester have got away with this

This is the underlying issue with benchmarking. A place I worked used to be subjected to benchmarking by the two "biggest and best" benchmarking firms in our sector and it was fairly farcical, for all but the simplest elements you could drive a horse and coach through the 'science' of it. There's a saying in this space "all models are wrong, some are useful" - benchmarking works best when it's used as a strategic tool for discussion and planning between parties that are acting in good faith. Once you start trying to run contracts from it, though you initially might get a fuzzy warm feeling from the 'objectivity' you thought you'd brought to proceedings, you find it all goes to ratshit pdq. At the point when lawyers are arguing about the benchmarks it's a good indication your business relationship is f****d. .
Benchmarking = a useful indicator of yesterday.

There was no attack on your reputation Stefan. You’re very highly regarded. Saying I believe Margot Robbie to be prettier than Keira Knightly doesn’t mean Knightly is a moose.
According to this thread, Stefan was having a blow job off Margot last week, how is he supposed to know which one is prettier until Keira gets under his desk too?

This is the underlying issue with benchmarking. We used to be subjected to benchmarking by the two "biggest and best" benchmarking firms in our sector and it was fairly farcical, for all but the simplest elements you could drive a horse and coach through the 'science' of it. There's a saying in this space "all models are wrong, some are useful" - benchmarking works best when it's used as a strategic tool for discussion and planning between parties that are acting in good faith. Once you start trying to run contracts from it, though you initially might get a fuzzy warm feeling from the 'objectivity' you thought you'd brought to proceedings, you find it all goes to ratshit pdq. At the point when lawyers are arguing about the benchmarks it's a good indication your business relationship is f****d. .

Indeed. This highlights why the PL shared the outcome but did not allow City to respond. Restricting City in this way appears to give the impression they know the model is not effective.

The fact that the PL does not allow challenge or scrutiny and has members, with interests that do not align with all others, formulating regulations, is simply an organisation that is not fit for purpose. If this is not the final nail in the coffin that leads to an independent regulator, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is how the owner of Leicester can use his own company to sponsor his statium and shirts ?

This never brought up. You can't a have sponsor who's related to you.
You can sponsor your own shirt and statium and give free loads.

I don't understand how Leicester have got away with this
You can as long as it passes the fair market value test.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.