City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I thought something was set aside could just be the compensation and not the amount the sponsorships can be but even then I think the two would be linked and we have seen City be gracious in victory (UEFA) before but perhaps not now or with the a Premier League. Would city want to risk doing a deal and then arguments at a later date about its value and validity ? I doubt it. Plus the rules will have to change quickly so why not wait ?
I don’t know the exact meaning of “set aside”, mate. However, given that APT was deemed unlawful, I’m thinking there will be a hiatus of uncertain duration and threat anything done during the vacuum would be hard for the PL to challenge retrospectively.

Re your other points, we can only guess how bullish or conciliatory the club wants to appear. It will be interesting to see if the Geordies choose to exploit the uncertainty, even if we don’t.

The forthcoming emergency PL meeting may well set the tone for things to come. Will there be an all-round desire to quickly find a constructive solution? Or will there be infighting and/or a wish to teach the cartel clubs a lesson by slowing everything down? Who knows?

Last edited:
I might be living in fantasy land, but with PSR basically in the bin and the chance for clubs to create much higher sponsorship deals, couldnt ticket prices be cheaper? Knowing that revenue wont be relied on as much.
You're spot on with one thing there...

You are living in fantasy land.

PSR isn't in the bin for starters and any additional revenues for us or any other club won't be used to reduce ticket prices.

No, without APT rules City could receive a 1 billion pound a season sponsorship deal from Etihad and every penny of it could and would be included to meet our PSR (the PL's version of FFP) rules.

That's what they want you to believe. They can get you under the acting in good faith rule even if they remove the threshold transactions and arm's length determination along with the APT rules.

That is what they were threatening those end of season weird swap deals with, and what they may still use if they feel strong enough after all this :P

But he didn't DO any real analysis of the law. He stated the facts of the judgement and then said "here's what a bunch of experienced people think".

And besides, 3 years of sports law makes him one billion percent more qualified and experienced to comment on the judgement than every single working football journalist in this country combined.

Do you know the qualifications of all sports journalists in this country? Do you know the work history of all sports journalists in this country?

If a presumption, it is interesting that you are quick to question the knowledge of others and then you make a claim that is not based on facts.

I don’t know the exact meaning of “set aside”, mate. However, given that APT was deemed unlawful, I’m thinking there will be an hiatus of uncertain duration and threat anything done during the vacuum would be hard for the PL to challenge retrospectively.

Re your other points, we can only guess how bullish or conciliatory the club wants to appear. It will be interesting to see if the Geordies choose to exploit the uncertainty, even if we don’t.

The forthcoming emergency PL meeting may well set the tone for things to come. Will there be an all-round desire to quickly find a constructive solution? Or will there be infighting and/or a wish to teach the cartel clubs a lesson by slowing everything down? Who knows?
Don't worry when Arsenal, Liverpool and the rags shout shit the other 17 clubs will be expected to jump on the shovel

What I don't understand is how the owner of Leicester can use his own company to sponsor his statium and shirts ?

This never brought up. You can't a have sponsor who's related to you.
You can sponsor your own shirt and statium and give free loads.

I don't understand how Leicester have got away with this
Now if they played in red I could understand but...

Do you know the qualifications of all sports journalists in this country? Do you know the work history of all sports journalists in this country?

If a presumption, it is interesting that you are quick to question the knowledge of others and then you make a claim that is not based on facts.

Yes mate, I highly researched the job history of EVERY SINGLE sports journalist in this country then got my calculator out and did the maths to calculate that it was "one billion percent". I thought for a while that it was only 999,999,986% but there was a rounding error on Sam Matterface.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.