City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Are City taking legal action against the pl ? Would this be heard in court ?

I'm thick lol

It's being heard in a tribunal under Section X of the PL rules. The PL chooses an arbitrator, the club chooses one and the two arbitrators choose a chairman. But it's all under Section X of the PL rules.

@projectriver pointed out, btw, that under Section X, there is no reasoning published. Just the award. Which is strange. Or not. I don't know :)

People thought we were in for a quiet summer, keep the squad together with 1 or 2 additions. Nothing major

Now with this legal action and the players who reportedly might want out, looks like we could be in for a rollercoaster

There’s me thinking I could put Manchester City Football Club to the back of my mind for at least a few weeks! How naive lol!

Never boring being a blue though

He’s two faced is our Henry. He needs to decide what philosophy of competition he actually believes. If he favours genuine open competition he should welcome our action. If he believes competition should be limited, he would favour the current rules. He’s always put on this air of superiority and knowing something nobody else does. Public school?
I’ve always considered him a stuck up little twat

It's being heard in a tribunal under Section X of the PL rules. The PL chooses an arbitrator, the club chooses one and the two arbitrators choose a chairman. But it's all under Section X of the PL rules.

@projectriver pointed out, btw, that under Section X, there is no reasoning published. Just the award. Which is strange. Or not. I don't know :)
So the same panel would decide on the damages if we win?

I'm a little confused about how we are somehow bringing down the PL with this action?

As I understand it we are challanging the ammendment to the related part rules. We still have to apply to financial rules both with the PL & UEFA.

My understanding is that this change would allow the PL to decide who and how a club can receive sponsorship. I am sure we must have some quite compelling evidence if we are pursuing this one.

And yet again, the whole thing is being portrayed yet again as the mighty City are in the wrong and it is up to the poor PL to fight off their tyrany.

No thought that we may have evidence where one club is being allowed to do one thing while we are being prevented in doing the same, everyone can see that the rules on FFP that were introduced were designed with the aim of preserving the status quo. These rules have been tweaked time and time again and not once have they been done so with any other aim, they have however been clearly aimed to target / limit specific clubs.

People thought we were in for a quiet summer, keep the squad together with 1 or 2 additions. Nothing major

Now with this legal action and the players who reportedly might want out, looks like we could be in for a rollercoaster

There’s me thinking I could put Manchester City Football Club to the back of my mind for at least a few weeks! How naive lol!

Never boring being a blue though

Sniff, sniff, sniff

Feel free to moderate this if I'm being overzealous

It’s important to remember that the PL vote on this rule change was 12 teams for, 6 against and 2 abstentions, which in itself was pretty contentious. We may have more support from other clubs on this than people realise.
I'm way behind here, so apologies if this has already been addressed, but I thought 14 clubs had to vote for something in order for it to be passed?

So basically we are NOT taking legal action against the PL then? We are taking them to a tribunal similar to an employee who gets sacked taking their employer to a tribunal? That's not judged by a court of law so surely is not legal action just layman action?

Or am I being stupid? It does happen because, as I said earlier I just thought we were playing the best football ever and upsetting the other teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.