City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Benchmarking = a useful indicator of yesterday.
Take the Geordies. In the past Newky Brown and fkn Wonga were worthy flagship sponsors. Looking at their potential under Saudi ownership, the picture looks slightly different.

That said, you’d expect a reputable consultancy to make due allowance. But how accurate could they hope to be?

Etihad might be an even better example. Who on earth hasn’t heard of this once unknown airline?

Last edited:
I've spent a lot of time reading this forum recently and in the past. This thread has been a source of comfort and education both in equal measures.
However all good things come to an end , the back biting and endless tit for tat infighting has become tiresome.
I'm particularly pissed off with the condescending attitude of do called " "experts". In the greater scheme of things it's only a forum so all opinions are of equal value or equally inconsequential.
As a consequence I'm going to take some time away from this thread and try to put some posters on "block " if I can.

It depends on funding obviously. But I struggle to see how it could do any worse. The entire implementation of PSR has been a shitshow from beginning to end. It's stupid strategically in terms of refusing investment in the league, it has ruined the PL's brand worldwide by accusing several of its clubs of cheating, and it has showed the utter incompetence of the PL when it comes to their ability to draft rules compatible with UK competition and public law.

Every single step they have taken on this issue has been a misstep of some kind, and the more these leaks come out like what happened in the APT case with Newcastle, the more you can plainly see that the Premier League are attempting to manage the fortunes of their most powerful clubs at the expense of others. The way they attempted to (and arguably did) directly target and fuck over Newcastle should be the story coming out of this whole mess. That's cheating. It is blatant, premeditated, unadulterated cheating that has been shown to exist in a legal arena. It's not a conspiracy theory. This isn't like us or United or someone cheating, this is the actual regulator themselves.

The PL cannot be trusted to regulate itself and while the grass may not be greener, it is worth a go because what we have now is corrupt.
It is shocking and depressing that the Newcastle story is getting virtually no coverage. As you say it's not a conspiracy theory. The evidence for the APT case shows that one (redacted) Club Director orchestrated a group of ten other club directors who then colluded with Richard Masters to introduce an emergency amendment to the rules to block investment at Newcastle United. What did the other nine clubs (including City and Newcastle) think about this collusion? How can any organisation enable a partial group of its shareholders, supported by the CEO, to actively inflict commercial damage on another member? Is this activity even legal? Who is going to investigate what is happening behind closed doors at the Premier League?

I've spent a lot of time reading this forum recently and in the past. This thread has been a source of comfort and education both in equal measures.
However all good things come to an end , the back biting and endless tit for tat infighting has become tiresome.
I'm particularly pissed off with the condescending attitude of do called " "experts". In the greater scheme of things it's only a forum so all opinions are of equal value or equally inconsequential.
As a consequence I'm going to take some time away from this thread and try to put some posters on "block " if I can.
Suit yourself but while anyone is entitled to an opinion and there might be some self proclaimed experts I don’t think there’s any doubt that some opinions come from a place of greater knowledge and experience than others and do carry more weight.

Mine is closer to the inconsequential end of the spectrum but fwiw I think we have kicked the premier league’s arse

That’s why I avoid the political forum like the plague. Certain individuals (no names, no pack drill) are very clever and researched to the hilt, but have low EQ and even less tolerance of lesser mortals.

To be fair the stuff on this thread hasn’t been excessive IMO. Or maybe I’m just going deaf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.