City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I think I’ve read (presumably on here) that City’s sponsorship from Hays was reciprocal to some exclusivity they were given in an Abu Dhabi contract and Nexen may similarly arise from links via F1. Can’t personally vouch for the accuracy of that - but it seems feasible and that how business gets done. Given Mansour’s and Khaldoon’s position and status in Abu Dhabi, they will have considerable heft with AD Companies and also those doing serious business there - not to mention aspirants and new entrants hoping to grow business in AD. The cartel at the PL recognise that, but somehow stopping it is no easy task. The horse has bolted.

They need to recognise it's just business. When United were top dogs every sponsor was falling over themselves to get a bit of the action. Business changes, adapts, develops. Now it's our turn.

They don't want to discriminate (apparently), so make sure all sponsorships are around fair value, related, associated or third party. Do it properly. No need for APTs at all.

They need to recognise it's just business. When United were top dogs every sponsor was falling over themselves to get a bit of the action. Business changes, adapts, develops. Now it's our turn.

They don't want to discriminate (apparently), so make sure all sponsorships are around fair value, related, associated or third party. Do it properly. No need for APTs at all.

Do the cabal members think along those lines ?

I have quickly read the whole judgement. I came away with the impression that the tribunal were over sympathetic to the PL in some areas such as the use of Nielsen alone, and their view that there was no bias. I think that is not the end of those matters and while the decisions of the tribunal are binding, there is nothing to stop City arguing about their application if the club is in dispute with the PL over future APTs. I am still not clear over how the PL decide that a transaction is Associated. It seems to me the PL take the view that Mansour is so influential that ALL AbuDhabi companies constitute an Association. Can anybody give an example of how Mansour has influenced a company of which he is not a director or officer?

Well if you believe everything you read, he’s influenced the rags to become reality shit, purely because he has “oil money”.

Do the cabal members think along those lines ?

Get another six clubs you can rely on and it doesn't matter what the cartel think or want.

Edit: It's all so ridiculous and unnecessary. The PL is buried under PSR and APT cases. They are paying huge legal fees, they have had to bolster their legal department to manage their legal actions, they have had to bolster the compliance department so as not to breach their own timing rules on APT, they have even had to pay Nielsen to increase the resources allocated to the APT cases. And for what? Something has to give sooner or later.

Last edited:
I think I’ve read (presumably on here) that City’s sponsorship from Hays was reciprocal to some exclusivity they were given in an Abu Dhabi contract and Nexen may similarly arise from links via F1. Can’t personally vouch for the accuracy of that - but it seems feasible and that how business gets done. Given Mansour’s and Khaldoon’s position and status in Abu Dhabi, they will have considerable heft with AD Companies and also those doing serious business there - not to mention aspirants and new entrants hoping to grow business in AD. The cartel at the PL recognise that, but somehow stopping it is no easy task. The horse has bolted.
Khaldoon is a slightly different proposition. He is a member of the law making body of AbuDhabi (The Executive Council) and a director of some of the main companies. I suppose in the end we have to accept that many of our AD transactions will be Associated, provide the rules are fair, legal and administered without bias. Remember this category was introduced specifically to trap us and is a lot wider than Related Transactions under IAS 24 which UEFA use and to which we are subjected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.