City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Martin Samuel has made the point that the first, fundamental change that the PL must make is to get rid of profit out of profit and sustainability. It is no concern of the PL's. The sustainability of football clubs is of concern to everyone but the obsession with profit appears to be little more than a mechanism for owners (especially American?) to siphon money out of the game. This appears to be the root cause of the bad relations with City, which seem to be escalating into outright war. The revenue and therefore spending power of City and other, non-establishment clubs had, as a consequence to be controlled as strictly as possible. Hence the obsession with acceptable revenue streams, to the point where unlawful regulations have been put in place. Even now the PL insists that the regulations are in tact, or at the most need a few minor revisions. We must ask why. Why is it so important to the PL to limit owner investment? Why must APT's be subjected to such delays and nit picking calculation? Why does the PL not want money coming into the game? City will find out, however many times we have to go to the tribunal.

Be interesting if anything comes out about the email which states stopping middle east owned clubs and trying to hurry through new rules
I’m pretty frustrated that so much is redacted. Especially the name of the twat who penned the discriminatory emai. He should be brought to book for it.

Martin Samuel has made the point that the first, fundamental change that the PL must make is to get rid of profit out of profit and sustainability. It is no concern of the PL's. The sustainability of football clubs is of concern to everyone but the obsession with profit appears to be little more than a mechanism for owners (especially American?) to siphon money out of the game. This appears to be the root cause of the bad relations with City, which seem to be escalating into outright war. The revenue and therefore spending power of City and other, non-establishment clubs had, as a consequence to be controlled as strictly as possible. Hence the obsession with acceptable revenue streams, to the point where unlawful regulations have been put in place. Even now the PL insists that the regulations are in tact, or at the most need a few minor revisions. We must ask why. Why is it so important to the PL to limit owner investment? Why must APT's be subjected to such delays and nit picking calculation? Why does the PL not want money coming into the game? City will find out, however many times we have to go to the tribunal.
We already know why

I think the win for City is wider than just the legal implications. This fiasco has severely damaged the reputation of the PL. Most of the media (apart from the BBC and Telegraph) have turned their attention to the incompetence of the PL leadership. Whatever the result the wording of the Judgement and some of the evidence, especially the Newcastle leak, is damaging to Masters and his cartel pals.

We most certainly want an independent regulator and that's why I don't think we care too much about the damage to the PL, despite being a member club and benefitting from the commercial success of the PL. They're being exposed as inept and corrupt and that's all good evidence for an independent regulator. I don't necessarily think that's going to be much different I must add. It could easily be overseen by some shady character we're not happy with. But you'd expect the scrutiny and independence of that regulatory body would make it a lot easier to deal with than the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.