City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I see the verdict is quite complicated but my simplification of it was that all illegal stuff etc must be rectified but they expected the PL to do it presumably fully legally.

If the PL then get their amended rules back via a vote and is still illegal or unfair etc then surely they will fail the trust the Panel put in them.

Perhaps the Panel could have a comeback to be able to insist any future rule changes must be not only agreed but must be independantly found to be fully fair etc before voting can take place.

I am fearful that this trust in Arsenal to write fair rules may take years.

You think City are such a popular club amongst the media that the likes of Lawton would be rushing together his pro-City piece in? We're public media enemy no1 and the shit we have taken in the press over the last few years backs that up. The likes of Lawton is only going to write a pro-City article if he genuinely believes in it himself, we ain't paying him. Odd that Spurs did not appear to side with the PL re APT, or have I missed something? Levy always appears to want to ingratiate himself with the Red Cartel.
Spurs sided with the cabal, as expected

I see the verdict is quite complicated but my simplification of it was that all illegal stuff etc must be rectified but they expected the PL to do it presumably fully legally.

If the PL then get their amended rules back via a vote and is still illegal or unfair etc then surely they will fail the trust the Panel put in them.

Perhaps the Panel could have a comeback to be able to insist any future rule changes must be not only agreed but must be independantly found to be fully fair etc before voting can take place.

I am fearful that this trust in Arsenal to write fair rules may take years.
They wouldn't be in this mess if they'd got someone independent to write the rules in the first place. Why they allowed Arsenal to do it beggars belief

Love this bit from Samuel's Times column:

"And this is pretty much the principle on which most of football’s financial regulation is based. None shall pass … Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Bayern Munich, Juventus, all of the clubs that had it their way for so long. Heaven forbid anyone passes them. The established elite were the ones that selflessly helped Uefa draft its rules, neatly pivoting so that the initial target — debt — became less of a crime than owner investment. One day, maybe, the former Manchester United chief executive David Gill will explain what was in it for all of the clubs, but we can certainly work out what was in it for his."

Martin knows what most of us Blues have been saying for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.