City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

They would have to be included as they are by very definition and unquestionably an APT.

I would think the bigger obstacle to a rushed set of rules would be convincing 14 clubs to vote in favour of a newly drafted set.

In effect the current rules cannot continue to be used but how does the PL persuade enough clubs it can get this right giving the total abject failure to do so in the past.

Assuming they do go to bat with a redraft (and it looks like they intend to do that) then they will have to accept the burden of proof that a deal is above FMV lies squarely with the PL , they will have to share the rationale , they will have to turn a decision round quickly and with the evidence to back it up but doubt how robust a set of rules can be that objectively decide a commercial deal is an APT if its not legally controlled by the owner or senior member of staff of the club doing the deal and once you decide it is how do you as the PL now prove its above FMV whilst avoiding legal challenge.

Would expect it would take some time for the PL to assure enough clubs the rules were watertight and capable of avoiding legal challenges for being unlawful and discriminatory and will not come back around to bite them on the backside. Might mean the clubs who got this through by sitting on the fence will now vote against it. Expect there are lots of back route conversations going on between clubs themselves and the PL no doubt doing the rounds and more clarification to come from the Tribunal.

Tebas meanwhile laughing his nuts off.

It's almost as if the PL is best placed to serve the needs of all clubs rather than the self-interest of a small number of clubs who then offer sweeteners to enough clubs to get a majority.

Ultimately, if you have an organisation whose primary purpose is to maximise income and protect the brand, the most effective culture is one of consensus. However, I doubt the PL has the competence to deliver this and I think the self interest of some clubs prevents some of them from working for the common good. What has developed in the last few months was always going to happen at some point.

Greed makes a man blind and foolish, and makes him an easy prey for death.

:)

Etihad obviously wouldn’t have to increase unless that was the agreement with City. The PL has no power of the third party. But it has power over City and requires the club to take all necessary steps to vary the agreement to the lower approved FMV or end the transaction.
Is that right Stefan? I assumed we could do a deal at any value but the PL rules could make us put through an accounting adjustment purely for FFP purposes!

If this is not the case it makes it even more ridiculous that shareholder loans below market value interest were not addressed in ATP rules originally.

The PL apparently caused a 12 day delay in releasing details of the ruling. I’d wager they timed it for the International Break and wanted to rush through a quick fix in time for the PL restart. Slippery bastards.
Who knows? If games were going on, this would have goy less coverage though and football bantz would have moved on quicker.

There’s a range of potential reasoning as to why there was a publishing delay from the PL desperately trying to save face to them seeking legal guidance for something.

The PL apparently caused a 12 day delay in releasing details of the ruling. I’d wager they timed it for the International Break and wanted to rush through a quick fix in time for the PL restart. Slippery bastards.

I think it was timed for October 7th & front page headlines obviously elsewhere.

You have to love how Martin Samuel puts it:

"Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful, unfair, unfair, unreasonable, unreasonable. The seven conclusions of the arbitration panel governing Manchester City’s case against the Premier League make for sobering reading. Yet, even sober, the hangover is going to last a very long time."

Not that I have any hard feelings towards that Liverpool Fing Cheating:

You think City are such a popular club amongst the media that the likes of Lawton would be rushing together his pro-City piece in? We're public media enemy no1 and the shit we have taken in the press over the last few years backs that up. The likes of Lawton is only going to write a pro-City article if he genuinely believes in it himself, we ain't paying him. Odd that Spurs did not appear to side with the PL re APT, or have I missed something? Levy always appears to want to ingratiate himself with the Red Cartel.
BBC piece says spuds were witnesses for PL??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.