City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I wonder what tone we will get from neville and co at the weekend , will they wind their necks in a bit and admit the pl rules are unlawful or behave themselves and go with the party line ? Cant wait to find out
Well as you know, if we get found guilty of something, that's evidence that we're guilty. If we get found not guilty of anything, that's just evidence that the rules / governing body aren't fit for purpose, because if they were, they would have found our obvious cheating.

You can already see rival fans starting with this coping narrative as they get less and less confident that we'll get done for anything in the big case.

You have to love how Martin Samuel puts it:

"Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful, unfair, unfair, unreasonable, unreasonable. The seven conclusions of the arbitration panel governing Manchester City’s case against the Premier League make for sobering reading. Yet, even sober, the hangover is going to last a very long time."

Lots of appeals to authority based arguments In this thread, in a situation where authority has been proven biased, rigged and a bunch of bastards.

Just because someone “knows” things. Doesn’t mean they have any interest in being fair or want to tell you the whole truth.
Be weary who you trust blues.
Unless Ratboy and Carragher are covering women’s football this weekend, they won’t be on tv to give their opinions on the decision. Unless Neville is doing the Engerland game on ITV.
Can't wait for the Overlap ,are the Premier League guilty ? hope there s a Newcastle fan on
Don't hold yer breath.

While you are here, can I ask you this? What legal status does the PL have to require a third party sponsor to change a valid contract with a PL club? Especially one overseas? I never understood that.

And what happens if Etihad signed at a lower amount as required by the PL, and the higher amount is later approved but Etihad refuse to increase again?

Sorry. Lots of questions, as always.
Etihad obviously wouldn’t have to increase unless that was the agreement with City. The PL has no power of the third party. But it has power over City and requires the club to take all necessary steps to vary the agreement to the lower approved FMV or end the transaction.

wonderful listening

God Bless Martin Samuel for being the ONLY journalist who has seen through this whole charade the entire time, and understood that City were not only NOT “buying the League,” but also were running a very successfully sustainable club!

From the outset, Mansour & Khaldoon talked about the 10 year project to create a club (First Team, Academy, Stadia and commercial sponsorships) that was in a position to create the success, both on and off the field, to make it a sustainable (and hopefully, profitable) long-term business…because that is what they do!

CFG is a global business that is sustainable, well-run, and uses Man City as a figurehead “halo” club to both promote and project their success.

That has turned a £200M Man City into a £2-3-4Bn CFG, making it both successful and sustainable.

As a planned symbol of this success and sustainability, the Club has engaged in a community development plan unique in the annals of British football, by regenerating a poverty-stricken, rundown area into a considerably more vibrant community full of homes, schools and destinations that will help it develop further.

Martin Samuel, while being merely a football journalist with some historical perspective, has recognized all of this, while understanding the internal political forces arrayed against it, and been strong enough of character and journalistic integrity to call it out for what it is, was, and should be.

Take a bow, sir. You’ve been on the right side of this from the outset!

Last edited:
2008 he joined Fulham he wasn’t CEO at City when Sheikh Mnasour took over Garry Cooke was in place from 2008 to 2011, John MacBeath was interim until Ferran Soriano was in place in 2012 View attachment 134465
Not sure if you're disagreeing with me or not - that's exactly what I said. He left 81 days before the takeover. Whether that was because of Sheikh Mansour or not (I didn't say that it was), he just missed out on the good times after suffering through the bad.

Unless Ratboy and Carragher are covering women’s football this weekend, they won’t be on tv to give their opinions on the decision. Unless Neville is doing the Engerland game on ITV.
The PL apparently caused a 12 day delay in releasing details of the ruling. I’d wager they timed it for the International Break and wanted to rush through a quick fix in time for the PL restart. Slippery bastards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.