City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Not that I have any hard feelings towards that Liverpool Fing Cheating:

Are these figures and distortions accurate?

Only way they can be involved with any top clubs.
Mind you the rags aren't a top club anymore either

Pisses me off that they are talked about by the fucking media as contenders ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of any bloody thing.

And that diminutive miserable **** Daniel Levy is somehow portrayed as a fantastic negotiator by the arse-lickers and knownowts.

Not that I have any hard feelings towards that Liverpool Fing Cheating:

When someone on here asked for our views on what the regs should be, I included:
1. Stadiums must belong to the clubs and cannot be sold off to directors etc.
2. All clubs must be registered as British, no off shoring.
I’m still convinced these two rules are necessary.

Are these figures and distortions accurate?
I looked at Liverpool's accounts at the time and their profits were £3m back then, 2010-11 - I think.

The 0.5% interest rate is true,

The Compound Rate calculation is correct.

Commercial interest rates vary enormously, you can pay anything from 6%-20% depending on your credit status. So using 8% isn't real, but I've used it for illustration.

I think the loan was for £240m, I've seen it reported as £220m-£260m, but these things are often misreported, because they've appeared officially converted to US$ or Euros€ and then been converted back at the current rate rather than the rate at the correct date. It's like KDB cost £57m which was €76m Euros at the time, so someone will convert that back at another day's rate and get £60m, £65m, £67m etc.

It is smoke and mirrors to some extent, however the principle is correct. Not subjecting this loan to FMV interest rates allowed Liverpool to pay down their debt far more quickly than they should have done whilst releasing funds to buy players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.