City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The ECJ has already ruled that football is a special case and normal competition rules do not apply,
I don't believe that's the case. I believe that a ruling was that FFP could be consistent with competition law if it could be shown that the regulations maintained competitive balance. This would appear to need demonstrating on a case by case basis, but as yer I am not aware that any attempt at all has been made to demonstrate it.

The idea of every member having a vote and then a rule being passed if there's enough votes seems (on the face of it) pretty fair to me.

However, who is it who decides what proposals get voted on? I have zero idea on this part.
It's fair until it's not. Suppose for example there is a system in place that goes something like this

1) Clubs can raise money through sponsorship of their stadiums, shirts, noodles etc
2) Where a club owner has a related interest in the organisation sponsoring the club this must be noted in the accounts
3) when a sponsorship is from a related party a FMV test is applied and the value maybe amended in a subset of the accounts

Then we get into murky water
4) if the sponsoring organisation is not a related party it may be an associated party. An association can be very broad but let's limit it to one based on geography. If the club owner and the sponsoring organisation all originate from the same country they are associated.
5) in the case of an associated party transaction the deals are subject to further scrutiny and may be prohibited or capped (I think)
6) oh by the way just because you're American and the sponsoring organisation is American it doesn't necessarily mean it's an associated transaction
7) oh you're from a gulf state? Oh definitely associated then
8) therefore out of the 20 teams in the league 2 teams are subject to greater sponsorship scrutiny and caps than the other 18.
9) Etihad could sponsor United for £5billion a year but only be allowed to sponsor City for £50million based on country of origin
10) also we have to send details of our sponsors and 2 failed sponsors to the premier league who are also sponsored by potentially competing organisations in the same industry. The premier league also seems to have difficulty keeping things confidential.

It's fair until the majority uses their power against the minority

The Times article states it’s an arbitration hearing, presumably under the PL’s rules which also govern the 115 case.
I believe the BBC also describe it as an "arbitration hearing" but this could be Chinese whispers with the papers being echo chambers for each other.

A little off topic, but how do we know Masters was privately vetted by Utd and Liverpool for the job?
Or is it just BM hearsay.
It's but a short journey from having their own directors on the boards of the football governing bodies. I'd include that in the dossier of evidence of skulduggery.

I believe the BBC also describe it as an "arbitration hearing" but this could be Chinese whispers with the papers being echo chambers for each other.

The original article was very clear: Section X arbitration. He was supposed to have seen the papers and I doubt he could have thought that up on his own.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.