City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Actually is does matter whether interest is charged and applied to the profit and loss account which affects the bottom line. It also matters that any loans need to be disclosed in the balance sheet as a creditor thus affecting the financial strength of a business/organisation. However I do agree with your main point on financial doping
OOH! Is there a possibility of false accounting? Of not giving a true and fair (OH! and complete) picture of the club's finances? Could be embarrassing if the cartel are well and truly nailed for something City are shown not to have done!

I think it’s more about obtaining an unfair advantage through loans that are significantly below the market rate, not shareholder loans per se……simple solution is to revalue those loans at the appropriate market rate and apply them retroactively…….but you would quickly see a number of clubs fail FFP …ooops.

And in some cases like Everton’s, they would never have got a loan on anywhere like favourable terms due to their financial situation….so what do you do in that/those type of cases….a proper premier league pickle….lol
, I would suggest the PL do whatever they have to get City back in the fold. However not sure club would now

Looking at the current "115" hearing, as it has now come to the attention of the P.L. via the first tribunal decision, that City didn't have a flat pitch to play on, due to the unlawfulness of the P.L.'s own rules, I don't see how the present tribunal can ignore submissions by City trying to refer to that decision. Last week it was reported that City's attempts to reference the recent decision were being ignored by the current panel.
If the current panel are standing on ceremony and saying that City can't amend ANY argument they hadn't previously given notice of prior to the hearing, that's a very dangerous course for this panel to follow, bearing in mind the "unlawfulness" which has already been found within the rules.
That to me is contrary to natural justice, and a recipe for further litigation, especially when taking account of the strength of that 1st tribunal panel, who came down very strongly in City's favour - irrespective of the subsequent misleading narrative of the P.L. and the media generally.
Of course, the P.L. lawyers could accept and recognise that finding of unlawfulness if they wished - and allow City to use that finding - if they were reasonable, but they can't (yet!) risk all the 115 charges falling apart and being thrown out, I guess, so the argument will continue.... for a while - but I wonder if it's going to dawn on the P.L. soon that they need to close this all off very quickly now; settle with City; then redefine ALL the relevant rules?
What a can of worms we've opened.

Do you not have a “return” button on your phone mate?

Heh, hummm!
You know the rules.....

fc4377a2ef4bd17e1a8b4ff3fe83d2c3.jpg

I'll say this again - if you are the governing body, and in a legal proceeding, the laws you enacted are judged to have been unlawful, unreasonable and unfair it impossible to claim that you won. It is unreasonable to claim a score draw even.

And it is bizarre for anyone to defend you. Clubs, pundits, fans attempting to be magnanimous. This was the thrust of Martin Samuel's article - for that to be described as nonsense just makes no sense to me.

Everyone, from every club, should be outraged by the behavior and, being kind, incompetence of the people we trust to be in charge.
The problem is other clubs know they cannot beat us on the field so they going to any lengths to try other non football related methods and so far they losing. In particular the trio red cartel that are determined to undermine us in any way possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.