City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

From where I am sat and what I have read over the last year or two.
City have opened the proverbial can of worms.
I am convinced that they told the PL that’s what they would do unless the PL played fair.
Then the 115 came out which was clearly a shock to city.
Ok then mr masters. The can of worms will now be opened.
From the moment those 115 charges came out. City picked out mistakes showing their incompetence
Clearly we have far superior lawyers and actually check with them before firing from the hip.
The PL are now running scared.
I expect masters to carry the can. His only source of income may be a book. That could be interesting.
The whole feel is of the group of spoilt boys pushing the school ground bully into having a fight with a professional boxer .
That bully now has a bloody nose and knows if he try’s it again he will get knocked out

This thing is moving too fast to read everything, but has anyone made the point that City's next step, after the APT rules have been found to be unlawful, and possibly null and void since inception, for soft shareholder loans, is to arbitrate the lawfulness of the whole FFP shebang for the same reason? Imagine FFP being declared unlawful and null and void since 2013. Delicious and a huge fucking mess.

Anything wrong with that idea?

Edit: This "win" on the APT case (or score draw) could maybe become a big bargaining chip.
I doubt City want rid of FFP /PSR as this would open up the likes of Newcastle In any case it all changes soon with the squad cost control method

So Neilsen did a report for City which valued Etihad higher than the value they later provided for the PL. And Nielsen used the same methodology in both instances. That sounds very fair!!
As I understand it they used different data. The premier league has a database (that City was not given access to) and we may have provided data, or expected them to do the data analysis for our work. To me the fault was not saying to the premier league "we have run these numbers already for a premier league club and got different numbers" There are ways, in my view, that Nielsens could have given low level disclosure without breaking confidentiality agreements. It may (or may not) have avoided some of this mess). But if the premier league had continued having been told the facts then it may have weakened their position at the tribunal. My understanding is that the process is the same but the outcomes are data driven

or the same valuation based on different input information. Both are impossible
PL: We want a valuation on a City Sponsor?
Neilsen: We already have one.
PL: Yeah but we want another doing you know a "Special valuation"
Neilsen: but you will have to pay again?
PL: No probs include a nice bonus in it too.
Neilsen: If we do it, it can only vary a little or suspicions could arise? higher or lower?
PL: Are you serious surely you already know of our shadowy intent. lower of course and by loads, where was it that you wanted that holiday home buying again?
Neilsen: Ok fuck it I'll do it but keep it secret I don't want this to see the light of day or we could be screwed!
NL: Get to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.