City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I doubt City want rid of FFP /PSR as this would open up the likes of Newcastle In any case it all changes soon with the squad cost control method
In no other sphere of business that I can think of is an owner barred from investing their wealth into their company.

This alone shows up FFP, PSR & APT for what they really are... Restraint of trade by a cartel trying to create a monopoly.

I'm really not sure what justifies the disparaging tone.

You've linked Wednesbury with "balance of probabilities". I'm arguing that if a decision was such that no reasonable person could have made it, then that can't be decided on a balance of probability because that would mean it was not certain that no reasonable person could have made the decision. (I read that three times to see if it made sense.) I'd be happy to see something cited that combines Wednesbury and balance of probability (rather than balance of reasons).

But is Wednesbury the test the Tribunal applied? Wednesbury was mentioned only in citing another case that did involve a public authority (the Competition Commission). The Tribunal cites the principle (and rejected City's argument that no reasonable board could have done what the PL Board did) but in the end seems to have accepted that it is not for the PL to prove that their FMV assessment was reasonable, but for City to prove it was unreasonable (and in that City failed). Now presumably that was decided on the balance of probability!
I’ve previously said twice that Wednesbury isn’t the test that was applied. This is the third and last time.

Enjoy your day.

LOL. There was actually a job advertised recently with the shadow football regulator dealing with financial policies and regulation.

I was very tempted to apply but it would've involved a significant pay cut from my current role.

If you was a proper blue you’d have taken it but insisted on brown envelope off the books wages.

Rag.

In no other sphere of business that I can think of is an owner barred from investing their wealth into their company.

This alone shows up FFP, PSR & APT for what they really are... Restraint of trade by a cartel trying to create a monopoly.
I agree absolutely

Sorry if this sounds simplistic (I am obv) but does it matter if the vote is 19 - 1? Surely if the rules are deemed illegal, the club just take the whole lot to court and the threat of that should surely carry the day.
I'm not sure tbh but I read something way way back in the thread that an injunction could be sought. I'm sure our more knowlegable and learned blues will know.

So am I missing something here,

It's Okay for owners to loan their clubs £500million interest-free or charge 6% and then add it to the club's kdebts. But they want to stop Sponsorship deal investments, so the clubs' debt rises, and then it takes the club's market value down by £500million. OK, that sounds like a great idea for football.

So if our owners want to loan us £1billion it is OK, But if our owners agree on a major deal with a large leading company to Sponsors us it is wrong, Even if our owners did have links to that company and it's a major brand trading legally then it's still a legal business that has to produces annual revenue figures that show that sponsorship deal.

It's full-on Prejudice by the Premier League, WHY not go full on back ball in the bag system with its members voting,
Note:
UEFA FFP regs don't explicitly mention loans, but they do limit the costs that clubs can count towards income. The costs that are counted include transfers, employee benefits, amortization of transfers, finance costs, and dividends. Infrastructure, training facilities, and youth development are not counted.

Now UEFA are changing the rules to a squad / income ratio next season but if the owner loans are charged interest this season then Liverpool and Arsenal are in shit street.

So am I missing something here,

It's Okay for owners to loan their clubs £500million interest-free or charge 6% and then add it to the club's debts. But they want to stop Sponsorship deal investments, so the clubs' debt rises, and then it takes the club's market value down by £500million. OK, that sounds like a great idea for football.

So if our owners want to loan us £1billion it is OK, But if our owners agree on a major deal with a large leading company to Sponsors us it is wrong, Even if our owners did have links to that company and it's a major brand trading legally then it's still a legal business that has to produces annual revenue figures that show that sponsorship deal.

It's full-on Prejudice by the Premier League, WHY not go full on back ball in the bag system with its members voting,
Huge debts which are never paid back has always been the biggest threat to the future of footbal clubs. This has always been one of the most absurd things about the PL's FFP regime. United fans still talk about organic growth but their club has total debts approachng 1bn and that figure continues to grow. The whole empire is propped up by loans from US banks. With this business model investment is apparently a bad thing. The PL hierarchy has taken leave of its senses in the last 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.