City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I think he was saying a legal challenge would be inevitable if the PL rushed the changes. I don’t think he was saying that challenge would necessarily come from City.

Just speculation I suppose, but this from the BBC, for example:

"However, City's lawyers believe that it would be unfair to continue to subject previous sponsorship deals to APT rules that have now been found to be partly unlawful, while choosing not to subject previous shareholder loans to the same regulations. They may even seek an injunction to prevent the Premier League from trying to doing so."

Sure - but in any other business, the owners could decide to asset strip and close it down. We only have to look across Manchester to see that a "normal" practice of loading a business with debt when you're buying it, isn't good for football.

I agree that the clubs that happened to be big in the 90s/00s have stitched things up, but football shouldn't be like any other business.
So, the football authorities prevent the investors from investing so that the asset strippers can get on asset stripping. I get it now.

View attachment 134484View attachment 134485

"Masters’ no-show, at a high level shindig with all-important broadcasters who pay billions into the competition’s coffers, will have been a big call. Sky are the main players in a £6.7bn deal along with TNT and the BBC, while NBC will show matches in the vital US market until 2028, which will mark a 15-year partnership. A party of top NBC bosses are in the UK for a week of planning meetings.

Masters will no doubt have spent the time preparing for the crunch, hastily-arranged summit which will take place next Thursday - and could bring face-to-face City’s legal counsel, Simon Cliff, with those who he lambasted in a blistering email on Monday night."

Oh dear... Oh deary deary me... :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ers-broadcast-meeting-civil-war-Man-City.html
I do wonder if Masters has any kids. The fucker seems to be an expert at "pulling out"...

Business is Business mate. How an owner chooses to approach it is purely subjective.

The Glazer's loaded ManUre with leveraged debt. Sheikh Mansour used his own money. Both have spent huge sums, but the Glazer's used the profit & sponsorship money to further invest in the playing side of the club, whilst taking a slice for themselves. Our owner did the same, but has opted to reinvest the slice he's entitled to, to further grow his business. That's the difference.

By doing this, SM has exponentially increased the value of his initial investment from £100m to nearly £6bn, whilst ManUre are £1bn+ in debt.

Rather than compete with this, the cartel have opted to stop City by any means necessary, & if this means trashing the PL in the process, it's evidently a price they're willing to pay.
Our model is better for football, and for Manchester, as well as good for the Sheikh, but let’s not pretend the Glasers haven’t made a mint for themselves.

The irony is the one that benefits football is the one in the PL dock.

The way I see it, an organisation can introduce a rule and until it is proven illegal then it's ok. If the rule is challenged in court and they determine its in contravention with English law then that rule is deemed illegal and regardless of any vote it remains so.
The regulations (they are not laws) were found unlawful by tribunal, not by a court of law. This may mean that any attempt to enforce the regulations would entitle City (or any other club) to appeal to the High Court and, in view of the eminent persons having already given their award the PL could get a real hiding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.