City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I thought the 'evidently' came in the valuation ruling on the Ethiad deal not the rule itself.
The word "evidently" is one of the buffers referred to in 288.
From para. 286:
This point was also recognised in the advice of Helen Davies KC: “The standard of ‘evidently in excess of FMV’ should ensure that it is only obviously abusive transactions that are prevented and thus that there is no unintended collateral adverse effect on competition.”
Then in 288
However, having regard to the evidence of <redacted>
and <redacted>, we consider that the Amended APT Rules remove an important part of the previous buffer which was intended to reduce the risk of false positives.
The removal of this buffer is liable to increase the risk of a distortion of competition and to do so materially. In our view, it is important that the method chosen for
determining the FMV of an APT is sufficiently robust to, if not eliminate, at least reduce the risk of false positives. We are not persuaded by the evidence of Mr. Herbert
that these changes are either necessary or proportionate to the ensuring of the effectiveness of the PSR. His evidence does not grapple with the possible bespoke nature of sponsorship agreements.
289. Accordingly, we conclude that these changes are a restriction of competition by object.

We won’t be in a position to push through rules of our choosing but we are in an excellent place to ensure that anything passed will be compliant. Every club now knows what has been deemed unlawful and it can’t possibly be in their interest to ram through a new set of unlawful regs. The cartel poodle clubs simply have to put a bit more thought into it this time, whether they like it or not.

Not sure that is the club's endgame here. Their out of character, aggressive response to the PL's statement tells me the club expects more to come from this tribunal and that we don't fully understand the complete picture yet.

Not sure that is the club's endgame here. Their out of character, aggressive response to the PL's statement tells me the club expects more to come from this tribunal and that we don't fully understand the complete picture yet.
I think City’s endgame is to break the link that goes:
Cartel clubs>>PL Regs>>Anti City action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.