City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!
You’ve swamped my chips with piss . Remember him scoring a late winner for Arsenal at Maine road and goading the fans . Hate his false patriotism as well , he is full of shite

My Dad is certain the Prem are trying to settle 115 out of courts after this.
I’m not so sure as I doubt the cartel would allow this
PL lawyers: we said the APT rules might be unlawful and you went against our advice. We advise that you should withdraw all but the non-cooperation charges, fine City, then hope they don't appeal.

Now we're into wish lists.

Those clubs which we believe comprise the cartel have always had a problem with money which isn't theirs. It was Walker's Blackburn which first made me aware of this. Blackburn had no right to win the title because Walker had simply bought it (despite Ferguson's lavish spending of their own sugar daddies' money between 1986 and 1993 to win it) and they had no history and tradition (despite le Saux's reminder that Blackburn had won the cup 3 times before Manchester United existed) but Walker's wealth was never enough to threaten the red tops in the long term. Abramovitch posed a threat of an altogether more serious order. Here was a fabulously wealthy owner, a real threat of inexhaustible wealth, a threat for all the ages who took no time at all to win the title and then to win it again. Again Chelsea were an interloper, a team of mercenaries only able to compete because of their owner's, an oligarch's blood money. I don't remember any anti-semitism in the criticism but it was certainly Abramovitch who put the fear of god up UEFA. Then along came Sheikh Mansour. His personal wealth dwarfed that of Abramovitch and this hinted at the complete end to the domination of English football which the redtops had enjoyed since the early '90s. And he was also a businessman of global importance with a reach which dwarfed that of any other club (or cartel of clubs).His aim was to use investment to build the club up to its former greatness and to use the club to regenerate an areaof the city which was massively in need of it and to provide opportunities for young peopla which had not existed for years. I think we'll find many statements in the media which are arguably racist which attack City and its "dirty oil money" but these are in the media and I think the PL and other club officials - whether they are racist or not - have not attacked our owners on racial grounds. It is the "oil money" which is "dirty! The cartel resent City's wealth and potential, the mighty dollar. Something had to be done! The trouble is that City are just better at everything than the cartel and in their desperation the measures adopted to "deal with City" have strayed way over the border into unlawfulness - and City know this. So, the media can fume, PL chairman can rally round Masters (if they really wish to) but it has gone way beyond such posturing. The law will decide and City know that.
Agree with most of this but the cartel are definitely racists

I’d say the opposite, if things are going badly for the PL in the 115 case they’ll hold on to Masters and make him the sacrificial lamb on the day they lose. No one is going to want to step into Masters role with a major humiliation potentially months away. The Red cartel will genuinely believe they can lose the case against us, have Masters resign and continue just as before… with a new puppet installed to do their dirty work.
Yes, i agree.

I was thinking more along the lines that if it is going tits up for the PL, it may be an opportunity for them to withdraw the charges and for Masters to go rather than it run it's course and the full details come out.

Again this assumes that it is going badly for the PL, conversely it may be that we are getting our arses handed to us and Masters is just riding out the storm.

Not a chance it would get to a situation where the case is discontinued. This will play out 100%, it was said all along that the recent case has nothing to do with 115, whichever way that goes. We can't think because we won (even though the prem doesn't think they lost) that they will then buckle?

Came across this experiment. It’s called the werewolf game. Created by a Russian 1986.

The Werewolves win if they achieve parity, or an equal number of remaining Werewolves and Villagers. The Villagers win if they are able to kill all of the Werewolves.

Dimitry Davidoff wanted to show that an informed minority (the werewolves/city fans) when pitted against an uninformed majority (the villagers/cartel/media) will usually win.

The game has two alternating phases: first, a night-phase, during which those with night-killing-powers may covertly kill other players, and second, a day-phase, in which all surviving players debate and vote to eliminate a suspect. The game continues until a faction achieves its win-condition; for the village, this usually means eliminating the evil minority, while for the minority, this usually means reaching numerical parity with the village and eliminating any rival evil groups.

115 is the end game for the red cartel.
They turned this into an ITV series called the traitors and it's actually pretty good. I usually hate reality tv but this was interesting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.