City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This why Tottenham's stance is so puzzling, why support the red cartel for all these years when all they give them is the crumbs off the table? They're merely useful idiots as they vote with the red twats and get fuck all in return.
Levy would be more than happy if spurs carry on the way they are for the next 20 years. Season in the CL every couple of years or so, no big outlay on player transfers, no risk of dropping out of the premier league and all the while the value of his asset increases.

Levy would be more than happy if spurs carry on the way they are for the next 20 years. Season in the CL every couple of years or so, no big outlay on player transfers, no risk of dropping out of the premier league and all the while the value of his asset increases.
But will their fans be happy with that? I suppose the answer is yes as they've been doing just that for the last 20 years without any fuss.

It was and very, very angry at the end. I would not have wanted to have been a Palace fan not that I heard of any bother towards them. The very weak ref was coined if I remember correctly.

When Lakey broke the deadlock after about an hour I thought here we go...we are on our way....

Palace were niggly before, but a switch went in them and became extremely nasty and intimidatory to our young lads and Eric Nixon. Bright particularly with his studs up. The likes of Pardew (never been a footballer) but they were all at it. Must have been a clear instruction from Coppell.

At the time I didn't blame Eric Nixon, but clearly he was stupid.

I hated that Palace side.

A couple of years later, I once asked a close friend who his Everton team were playing that weekend,and he memorably replied "We've got a fight with Crystal Palace." Still amuses me what he said and how he said it.

Vile team.

Thing is many years later I wrote an article for a Palace fanzine called "A team called Malice" and made a new friend in the editor of One More Point. Even went to Stockport with him when Dougie Freedman scored a stoppage time equaliser to keep Palace up on the last day. Never had a beef with their fans.

Coppell's team of long ball scufflers and dirty cheats are quite another matter.

Oh, almost forgot. Ian Wright is a ****.
Apart from Nixon having a bit of a screw loose, City under Machin were as far removed from being a dirty team as you could get. We were playing some fantastic football at the time and were on a great run scoring goals for fun, but that Palace game was the turning point in our promotion push and had a huge impact on the team going forward.

I wasn’t going to games back then. I was at college doing A Levels and was actually working just up the road at Sivoris cafe on Stockport Road in Longsight on the day of that game so I got to hear it all unfold on the radio courtesy of Brian Clarke’s commentary. A couple of mates who were there said they did see some trouble afterwards and cited a story of a City fan launching a bin at a Palace fan. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if one of those two were responsible!

Was it not UEFA who awarded England an extra CL place, based on club performances in CL, amongst other things? Seems unlikely we could appoint extra places ourselves

Maybe that was the case but we all know that the top European clubs (G14) were in cahoots with one another.
Chelsea, who were already a decent side, rock up with an unlimited supply of dosh
The Sky three red shirts shit themselves as one will inevitably miss CL qualification, so their UEFA reps ask for a 4th place, which UEFA grants on the condition the 4th place team has to play some east European farmers in a qualification knockout

In any case, how could an entity sue another entity before the outcome of a case is even known?
I think that’s why it would be logging a ‘notice to sue’ - just to ensure the 6 year time barring can be avoided. It doesn’t mean you would sue, just you retain the ability.
Note: far better legal speak is available when GDM sobers up.

It’s all utter bollox by the media for their cartel clicking idiots though, as per slbsn.

The bit i can't fathom is related to Roman Abramovich.
When he bought Chelsea they had more money than you would ever spend on football.
He could spend literally whatever he wanted.
And to be fair, he did.
As i remember it, the media, by and large, loved the Chelsea story.
Football didn't bring in rules to target Chelsea (as far as i'm aware).
Football didn't end.
So why is City's wealth being treated so differently to Chelsea's wealth.

City aren't going to spend ridiculous amounts.
We don't. Just look at the net spend table over the last 10 years.
Pretty sure Newcastle won't either (a splurge to get their act together sure but so what).

ps. For any lurking Chelsea fans, I have no problem at all with the Chelsea money story.
Those clubs which we believe comprise the cartel have always had a problem with money which isn't theirs. It was Walker's Blackburn which first made me aware of this. Blackburn had no right to win the title because Walker had simply bought it (despite Ferguson's lavish spending of their own sugar daddies' money between 1986 and 1993 to win it) and they had no history and tradition (despite le Saux's reminder that Blackburn had won the cup 3 times before Manchester United existed) but Walker's wealth was never enough to threaten the red tops in the long term. Abramovitch posed a threat of an altogether more serious order. Here was a fabulously wealthy owner, a real threat of inexhaustible wealth, a threat for all the ages who took no time at all to win the title and then to win it again. Again Chelsea were an interloper, a team of mercenaries only able to compete because of their owner's, an oligarch's blood money. I don't remember any anti-semitism in the criticism but it was certainly Abramovitch who put the fear of god up UEFA. Then along came Sheikh Mansour. His personal wealth dwarfed that of Abramovitch and this hinted at the complete end to the domination of English football which the redtops had enjoyed since the early '90s. And he was also a businessman of global importance with a reach which dwarfed that of any other club (or cartel of clubs).His aim was to use investment to build the club up to its former greatness and to use the club to regenerate an areaof the city which was massively in need of it and to provide opportunities for young peopla which had not existed for years. I think we'll find many statements in the media which are arguably racist which attack City and its "dirty oil money" but these are in the media and I think the PL and other club officials - whether they are racist or not - have not attacked our owners on racial grounds. It is the "oil money" which is "dirty! The cartel resent City's wealth and potential, the mighty dollar. Something had to be done! The trouble is that City are just better at everything than the cartel and in their desperation the measures adopted to "deal with City" have strayed way over the border into unlawfulness - and City know this. So, the media can fume, PL chairman can rally round Masters (if they really wish to) but it has gone way beyond such posturing. The law will decide and City know that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.