City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Really?
That's not what the orchestrators of FFP did to city. They moved the goal posts in their sham rules every time we thought we were compliant. Then, the premiere league followed up with their joke rules that were retrospective if I recall correctly, and were not time barred. But I digress, I'll wait on the 130 verdict first.
The PL are investigating Mancini's perfectly legal contract from 2008....four years before FFP was introduced. It was independently signed off by audits of our accounts multiple times, agreed with the UK tax office, and UEFA were happy with it. Going back into our perfectly legal accounts from 15 years ago looks pretty retrospective (and vindictive) to me.

Bit aren't some of 115 charges. Sure I read City have been charged for allegedly breaking rules that did exist at the time

I doubt the allegations relate to rules that didn't exist at the time. The PL may be hopeless, but I doubt their lawyers are stupid.

If it looks like that, it is probably because we don't fully understand what the allegations actually are in detail. Who does?

Bit aren't some of 115 charges. Sure I read City have been charged for allegedly breaking rules that did exist at the time
Yes, we may be found to have broken some rules, but minor ones only which did not confer a sporting advantage, eg Mancini contract. If we are cleared on the sponsorships, we will be ok.

In fact, quite the opposite - there are whole swathes of rival football supporters and media types who previously couldn't even have pointed to the UAE on the map who are suddenly experts and extremely concerned about human rights in the region.
Far better a country that elects fcukwits and psychopaths to lead them, that beats the shit out of black crime suspects, that sponsors genocide and shoots schoolkids as a national pastime. Speaking hypothetically of course.

Bit like saying if you were born in America during slavery you knew what you were signing up for and had no right to question whether it was right to keep people as slaves

Say you grew up as a woman in Afghanistan. It was always possible that the Taliban would come in and ban women from doing anything like working or going to school, so they really can't complain about it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.