City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The BBC have a way of watering things down.

What they actually meant to say was;

"Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful, unfair, unfair, unreasonable, unreasonable. The seven conclusions of the arbitration panel governing Manchester City’s case against the Premier League make for sobering reading."

The BBC are now worse than useless.

I don't know who said it but it really sums them up...

If one person says it's raining and another says it is not, then their job is not to report both sides views equally but to look out the window and report whether or not it is fucking raining!

Both sides of an argument being given equal weight is pathetic journalism and has contributed hugely to Brexit, the Farage Riots and having 5 Fascist reform MP's in the House of Commons today.
Just for balance I voted for Brexit, Reform and id vote for Trump if I was a Yank.

"One senior figure just laughed, astounded at the brazenness of it all." (The email from Simon Cliff).

Is this true Miguel, or did you make it up? Do you seriously want us to believe that you had people in place, recording the responses of PL executives at the instant they opened an email from Simon Cliff?

Goes on to criticise City of trying to find loopholes in the rules, conveniently forgetting that Leicester escaped sanction because they found a loophole, and Chelsea and others are making a mockery of the PL rules by trading youth players for vast sums of money - another loophole.
That's some bloody loophole that the PL considers interest free loans as neither an RPT nor an APT! Very similar to Conn's assertion that he didn't know City had shareholders! Miguel are you with us?

It would be great if amended rules are put forward next week and we feel we can sign up to them. More than anything, that would prove we were victorious.
I wonder what the reaction would be if we studied the new proposals and then informed the PL that we found them likely to be just as unenforceable as the old ... on the advice of our lawyers.

After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!
You've not pissed on my chips. Matter of opinion. I used to find Wright amusing but his bitter, hypocritical anti-City stance has taken a way from that somewhat. As Mad Eyed Screamer said to me recently "You bear grudges like lonely high court judges".

Actually glad Bright was good company. Can't be doing with big time Charlies. Doesn't cost anything to be decent. The strange with him is he was usually a strong player but not particularly dirty one even in Coppell's kickers. I don't know what got into him that day.

Love sharing the memory of that team and that time especially as I'm in hospital! Like you I'm of a similar age and I enjoyed that season particularly before that Palace game as it was fun and there was no pressure on City bounce straight back. That 3-0 win over Cloughie's Forest was one of the very best performances I've seen up there with the 5-1 at Villa, before the Sheikh Mansour era. Ian Brightwell in centre midfield was brilliant as City never gave them a minute's peace. Our boys completely overran a decent Forest side.

I was incandescent on the Kippax (in my usual spot near half way close to the front) that afternoon v Palace. The fact it was against our young lads made it worse.

I've been lucky enough to meet Lakey, David White, Ian Brightwell and Stevie Redmond in later years and it was a genuine pleasure - even though Redders had just come off the stage in City Sq honestly saying he wanted Liverpool to win the league. Understandable in his case and not snide.

When I was younger I wanted to defend and pass like him. When I donn that 87-89 retro shirt to Walking Footy the 22 year old in a 59 year old body still wants to be him! Needless to say I don't even come close, even in my own mind. Loved watching that team play for all its frailties and inexperience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.