City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Didn't see this before, but Sam Lee getting something right for once:

Especially the last paragraph which sums up the situation better than most legal and other commentators did with their glib win, slight win, draw, score draw, 2-1 characterisations as if it was a fucking football match:

"The wait for the big winners and losers goes on."
This is an important paragraph in the context of all the media talking heads and KFA fans, which Mr Lee does well to include, as it clearly includes himself as well:

‘That is one of the problems when it comes to finding answers here: a 175-page document is available to the public, but your average person (or journalist) will not have the appetite or stamina, let alone understanding, to digest it all properly.

It’s the same as happened with the CAS verdict.

People don‘t read it.

They spot a few words randomly and go with that.
At CAS it was all ‘time barred’ (but completely missing the context that those 2 words were used (ie despite being time barred , they would have adjudicated for City if they could anyway, on that singular item), and people still run with that as the be-all and end-all of the CAS verdict…

But why run into him, Eric had the ball in his arms, Bright did not need to keep running at Eric
As I said he and Wright were at it all game, I was there the Kippax and it was close to kicking off
Yes, I was in the Kippax too mate, towards that (Platt Lane) end as well, and went mental too, but I have subsequently concluded that it was a sending off. Nixon extended his arm; he says in self defence, but he could have just stepped out of the way. Ref had no choice, assuming he saw that.

I agree that they were both at it, but that doesn’t alter the fact that it was a sending off.

Steve Redmond went in nets and was fuckimg awful. No Bobby Mac or Niall Quinn that’s for sure!

See yesterday's posts. They set out to do it knowing it was anti-competitive (i.e. to the advantage of some clubs). In other words, cheating.
I said after the report was published that the City APT battle wasn’t the big story here (despite the media focussing on it). The main story was the fact that the report basically confirmed that the red cartel was a real thing (not just something in the imagination of crank City fans). Why have the media chosen to ignore this absolute humdinger? It’s the kind of story that brings companies/people to their knees in other sectors.

I've been lucky enough to meet Lakey, David White, Ian Brightwell and Stevie Redmond in later years and it was a genuine pleasure - even though Redders had just come off the stage in City Sq honestly saying he wanted Liverpool to win the league. Understandable in his case and not snide.
Have met all of them too (all twice except Redmond) and the only one I felt was a bit cold was Lake. Maybe he was having a shit day on both occupations (which happens) or I said or did something to piss him off. It’s been known to happen!

He’s always come across articulate and sound when I’ve seen him interviewed so I expect it was just my perception.

Never meet your heroes, they say!

And get well soon :-)

After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!
Didn’t we beat Wolves away 2-0 in league cup before Bradford?

Have met all of them too (all twice except Redmond) and the only one I felt was a bit cold was Lake. Maybe he was having a shit day on both occupations (which happens) or I said or did something to piss him off. It’s been known to happen!

He’s always come across articulate and sound when I’ve seen him interviewed so I expect it was just my perception.

Never meet your heroes, they say!

And get well soon :-)
I got that impression too.

After an iffy start to that season we’d been on a superb run whuch started (iirc) with our first away win in over a year at Bradford. Then we scored 16 goals in two games in November. We also beat a great Forest team 3-0 in the League Cup as part of that run.

The Palace game marked the end of that run and we spluttered for the rest of the season.

Was in the Kippax and it was certainly limbs for Lake’s goal, and like everyone else I was incandescent with the sending off in the heat of the moment, but upon further (and more mature) reflection Nixon was rope-a-doped into that dismissal.

Those six or so weeks up to Palace scoring are still among my favourites as a City fan. The bulk of that team was about the same age as me and after half a decade of being pretty shit it felt like a new exciting chapter as a Blue.

And sorry to piss on your chips but I actually don’t mind Wright, and I sat next to Mark Bright (and Michelle Gayle) once at a wedding reception in 2005 and he was great company. Didn’t mention that game though!
Stewart was unplayable in that run. Mullered Bradford through his pace , power and brilliance.
Loved watching City too then. First started travelling away properly that season. Culminating in watching a dismal 1-0 away loss at Leeds rd to a team we’d beaten 10-1 at home!
On the way were some my favourite games / tines as a City fan: Bournemouth 2-0 midweek; Swindon 4-3. Fucking loved those tines

Didn't see this before, but Sam Lee getting something right for once:

Especially the last paragraph which sums up the situation better than most legal and other commentators did with their glib win, slight win, draw, score draw, 2-1 characterisations as if it was a fucking football match:

"The wait for the big winners and losers goes on."

Well done Sam, I’ve criticised you in the past but that was a very fair & balanced article.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.