City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The Times are leading the way on this story. As they done pretty much since day one. But they seem to have changed their editorial position to be more sympathetic to City. Perhaps City's comms team are being more proactive. It's just speculation from me but I wonder if The Times team know what is in the emails between some Club Directors and the PL. Tolmie has suggested those emails are damaging to the PL's 115 case. Perhaps the Times (and the Mail) want to end up on the winning side. It certainly looks like they are going after Masters.

Something has definitely changed with their reporting and approach.

Stewart was unplayable in that run. Mullered Bradford through his pace , power and brilliance.
Loved watching City too then. First started travelling away properly that season. Culminating in watching a dismal 1-0 away loss at Leeds rd to a team we’d beaten 10-1 at home!
On the way were some my favourite games / tines as a City fan: Bournemouth 2-0 midweek; Swindon 4-3. Fucking loved those tines
All at the expense of me and the penguin

The Times are leading the way on this story. As they done pretty much since day one. But they seem to have changed their editorial position to be more sympathetic to City. Perhaps City's comms team are being more proactive. It's just speculation from me but I wonder if The Times team know what is in the emails between some Club Directors and the PL. Tolmie has suggested those emails are damaging to the PL's 115 case. Perhaps the Times (and the Mail) want to end up on the winning side. It certainly looks like they are going after Masters.
PL looking fucking shambolic if not before definitely now.

Oof thats a big blow for the PL in this. We've handled this very well post verdict. They've tried to get ahead of this and been made to look like idiots.
Frankly I think they thought they controlled all the media and could bully through a quick rule amendment that needed just a vote.
That would give them breathing space to continue in similar mode indefinately.
City requested the Panel to educate the PL because the Panel trusted them to continue rule making and the PL were obviously ignoring that trust.

It's crazy, they had 12 days sitting on the verdict to get the correct legal advice for their statement. I must admit their total incompetence gives me even more hope that we will prevail in the big one.
It's hard to believe the PL lawyers would have approved a press statement which was basically false. They have their own reputation to think about. Lawyers are usually very cautious in these situations. For the PL to claim they won the case because some of City's arguments at the hearing failed was just ridiculous. It made their own lawyers look stupid. The bottom line is the Judges stated in robust terms that the PL acted unlawfully, unfairly, and unreasonably. I wonder if the press statement was not cleared by the PL's own lawyers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.