City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I don't believe there is anything in law which prevents anyone providing anyone else with an interest free loan. But what the regulations did was to accept that sponsorship deals with related or "associated" parties were revenue which had to be proven to be at FMV whereas loans from shareholders were not APTs and no FMV tests needed to be carried out on the interest rate on these loans. This made the APT regulations breach competition law. Furthermore this special treatment of shareholder loans was at the request of a PL chairman/executive who had made a sizeable loan to his club, .and was thus a knowing and wilful breach of the rules and it made the APT regulations unlawful.

Martin Samuel believes that the PL seems to think there is an "air of criminality" around clubs which try to attract money and this seems to explain their attitude quite nicely. It is scared that some clubs might buy the title year after year and these are clubs with no experience of buying the title year after year, and so every penny these new clubs make is undeserved and must be carefully regulated. Some other clubs can be trusted to regulate themselves.

And now it's all come crashing down, leaving one hell of a shambles but of course we all trust the PL to clear it up. After all they know now what's lawful and what isn't. Or they should. Or ....
one idea = one paragraph - perfect!

It’s about time there were 3 PL rule books:-

1. The rules that apply to red clubs
2. The rules that apply to City
3. The rules that apply to the other clubs

It really is that blatant in practice so make it that blatant in the rules
You might laugh but this is probably not far from the truth, if not the whole truth.
It really is this simple when you think of how we get treated, the red cartel clubs get treated and then the rest.

I worry this is the beginning of the end for the Premier League. I have no love for the administrators but I am concerned about what comes after. The red cartel rigged it in their favour and have been found to be bringing in anti competitive rules. I think they’d rather break the train set than hand it over to a new and independent body of administrators. That takes us right back in line for a European Super League, independent of UEFA.

It seems everyone is holding a knife at each others throat. The fans always lose of course.

Why wouldn’t we?

The premier is trying to publicly hang the club over historic accounts. If our name can be dragged through the mud it’s only financially ‘fair’ the same rules apply to teams who have benefited from illegal use of shareholder loans not included in FFP, P&S or any other shit they decided not to include in their squeaky clean books.

Arse twitching time.
I think we’ve absolutely nailed them not just on APT but likely on some of the 115 charges since we can now prove that we were singled out over ‘alleged’ inflation of sponsorship deals with Etisalat and Etihad…when other clubs were benefiting unfairly through APT loans that have been proven to be ‘unlawful’…….proper 4d chess move imo

Oh this gone be gooood !!

I worry this is the beginning of the end for the Premier League. I have no love for the administrators but I am concerned about what comes after. The red cartel rigged it in their favour and have been found to be bringing in anti competitive rules. I think they’d rather break the train set than hand it over to a new and independent body of administrators. That takes us right back in line for a European Super League, independent of UEFA.

It seems everyone is holding a knife at each others throat. The fans always lose of course.

I think the threat of an ESL is at its weakest for decades. The problem at the moment is weak PL leadership.

Super league were founder members are by invite only and are privileged going forward. Wonder whether we will get an invite?

I think we’ve absolutely nailed them not just on APT but likely on some of the 115 charges since we can now prove that we were singled out over ‘alleged’ inflation of sponsorship deals with Etisalat and Etihad…when other clubs were benefiting unfairly through APT loans that have been proven to be ‘unlawful’…….proper 4d chess move imo

Oh this gone be gooood !!
I don't think so. They will judge us on the evidence provided, defense submitted, on the rules that were in force at the time. Other clubs benefiting from other rules which have subsequently been found to be unlawful will not affect our hearing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.