City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

To discuss what? I’m a numbskull because I didn’t realise either :-) :-)
First, to listen to the parties’ solution to rules found to be unlawful or to give guidance on how to action the findings. Second, to decide the level of damages City can obtain. Third, to decide costs liability.
Fourth, to increase the earnings of Pannick, who is a bit short at the mo.
PS I see that has been posted above while I was typing.

Not really the same, and regardless Leicester successfully appealed the PL decision.
Maybe so mate but, to my admittedly layman’s view, if the rules were unlawful then they need to be redrafted retrospectively to make them historically legal.
Otherwise you’d have clubs taking legal action left right and centre “we’ve been punished under rules they were unlawful, but that club hasn’t because the rules were written incorrectly” etc.

If we win the 115 case on top of this, the whole landscape of English football will change forever. And I’m here for it.

The quid pro quo for equity funding is the transfer of ownership. It is just selling all or part of the club, so it is fine.
Sorry when the owner converts his loan to equity it’s hardly the same as selling say 25% of the existing equity

How did these rules get signed of by the pl legal team ?
I don't believe there is anything in law which prevents anyone providing anyone else with an interest free loan. But what the regulations did was to accept that sponsorship deals with related or "associated" parties were revenue which had to be proven to be at FMV whereas loans from shareholders were not APTs and no FMV tests needed to be carried out on the interest rate on these loans. This made the APT regulations breach competition law. Furthermore this special treatment of shareholder loans was at the request of a PL chairman/executive who had made a sizeable loan to his club, .and was thus a knowing and wilful breach of the rules and it made the APT regulations unlawful.

Martin Samuel believes that the PL seems to think there is an "air of criminality" around clubs which try to attract money and this seems to explain their attitude quite nicely. It is scared that some clubs might buy the title year after year and these are clubs with no experience of buying the title year after year, and so every penny these new clubs make is undeserved and must be carefully regulated. Some other clubs can be trusted to regulate themselves.

And now it's all come crashing down, leaving one hell of a shambles but of course we all trust the PL to clear it up. After all they know now what's lawful and what isn't. Or they should. Or ....

It’s about time there were 3 PL rule books:-

1. The rules that apply to red clubs
2. The rules that apply to City
3. The rules that apply to the other clubs

It really is that blatant in practice so make it that blatant in the rules
4. The rules that apply to Newcastle, to take care of the fiction that they are not state owned.
I have no objection to state ownership, but I think it is against PL rules.

It may be new shares issued but that is still part sale of the company, ie it dilutes the ownership of existing shareholders.
Many, but not all of the PL clubs are majority owners who can easily pass any special resolution to increase equity . If it’s those same owners or majority owners turn their loans into newly created equity then it does the exact reverse of dilution of their owners ship it actually strengthens their position . If however loans from non majority shareholders are converted then yes it does dilute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.