City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Martin Samuel has it right where he says “Profit and Sustainability” should just be “Sustainability” because the profit, of individual clubs, is nothing to do with them. As long as the club isn’t going bust it could be that the owner wanted the club to be a non profit organisation and, as such, would be free to keep ticket prices down.
I just laugh every time I see this sustainable shit, it’s just one of many band aid fix to save red cartels from prolapse rectum.

The APT rules will not be tweaked, they will simply cease to exist as any proposed tweak will mean the introduction of interest on shareholder loans counting towards PSR.

From what I can recall there are around 10 or so clubs that have shareholder loans and a vote requires 14 of the 20 clubs to agree to a rule change or proposal.

I can’t see clubs in receipt of shareholder loans voting for an introduction of interest payments so I think APT is dead in the water.
The APT rules already don't exist. (But see subsequent post ...)

Last edited:
I just laugh every time I see this sustainable shit, it’s just one of many band aid fix to save red cartels from prolapse rectum.
It’s just another way of saying don’t go bust but the thing is Footy clubs nearly always come back even if they do go bust because it’s fan base is loyal and stick with them. So I’m not sure, ultimately what the “problem” is.

Reactions: ufo
Superb. It struck me immediately after the verdict that the PL claiming a win over something City did not try to do, ie junk controls completely, was fatuous. City support controls provided they are fair and legal. You are right that the media are hopeless in not vaguely understanding the issue. Many of the journos have neither the brains nor the knowledge nor the diligence to get on top of it. What chance has the average fan? Thanks for a great post.
I'm not sure I entirely blame journos when supposedly expert lawyers haven't got on top of it.

So if they're unenforceable, can we now sign the Etihad and First Abu Dhabi Bank deals without having to refer them to the PL and get a decisions on whether they're fair market value?

That's the big question, isn't it? And the big problem the PL has.

If the rules are unenforceable (which is I suppose different to null and void as described by the club) until they are made lawful and they can't be applied retroactively, then presumably Etihad is OK. If the new rules are applied retroactively to Etihad, then they should presumably be applied retroactively to the loans as well?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.