City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I was self employed but reckon I could make a better hash of this than the PL.

One thing springs to mind, if I was Masters I would have told the office junior to print out Uefas FFP. I'd then tippex out UEFA and write in Premier League.
Problem solved.

Except the red cartel wouldn't allow it.

Need 14 votes for that!

The idea that a law professor knows less than a "practising" lawyer doesn't really stand up (in court or anywhere else).

I know one Supreme Court case where the judges thanked an academic for writing a helpful article in a learned journal summing up the various issues that the Court would have to decide.

Who do you think teaches all these lawyers who can't agree with each other? And the lawyers are all touting for business.
Yes. I think the practising brethren were a bit harsh on the academic.

The idea that a law professor knows less than a "practising" lawyer doesn't really stand up (in court or anywhere else).

I know one Supreme Court case where the judges thanked an academic for writing a helpful article in a learned journal summing up the various issues that the Court would have to decide.

Who do you think teaches all these lawyers who can't agree with each other? And the lawyers are all touting for business.
These are not just “practising” lawyers but leading experts in their field. Having been involved in quite a few major commercial disputes over the years and taking counsel’s opinion, it’s invariably been a KC - I’ve never known it be an academic. And it costs a small fortune.

The issue about related party transactions is that there's the risk that related parties do something that a unrelated third party couldn't or wouldn't. So if Etihad paid us £250m a year, when other big clubs were getting £50-60m for equivalent deals, that could distort competition. The problems occur if Etihad offer us £80m (as they appear to have done) when the databank shows a range of £50-60m is more in line. But that completely ignores the value that Etihad think they'll be getting.

My understanding was that the original rationale for RPTs was the related party could gain a benefit from their position that wouldn't be available to someone else. So if John Wardle, when he was chairman, got 5 executive boxes to use, for free, other shareholders and potential investors should be made aware of that. Now, it seems to have been turned on its head by the PL, who even want to unilaterally decide who is and isn't a related party.
@Prestwich_Blue good point about Etihad but I'd argue it does need to be scrutinised, otherwise we'd have Chevrolet making outrageous deals.

Or Team viewer

Or Snap Dragon.

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.