City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The entire article is framed in a manner hostile to City.

It reads like it was drafted by Masters himself.

It is client journalism in sport at its worst.

You don't need to read beyond 'convinced a panel', it's both transparent and pathetic.

Sad isn't it at how many fans and press/media are happy to abide to illegal rules.
City should be seen as a shining light in standing up to the cartel and it's illegal rules.

The press and media I understand, it's their gravy train. The fans of the red shirts I understand too, it's their sense of entitlement and the fact that if they're not automatically on top any more they might "fall out of love with the game" and have to take up crochet or something. Even the ownership of many middling clubs, they have no interest in taking risks as they are onto a good thing and they probably look over their shoulder at some of the clubs in the championship and recognise with the right type of backing they would be overtaken quickly.

The less obvious ones are the fans of mid table and struggling clubs who seem to be happy to forelock tug and tolerate a situation where they are locked into being also rans. In reality I suspect that's only a vocal minority of fans at those clubs and that most, despite what their chairmen might claim on their behalf, would rip your arm off to be in our situation. The 'know what you are' chants mean nothing, it's simply something to chant when your team is losing. The vast majority of football fans would love for their club to be what we are: ambitious, forward thinking, very well run, stable, regenerative for their locale and, most of all, successful.

Last edited:
This article is so well written and researched that it managed to spell APT wrong. Twice.
And there are some somewhat snide takes in there, such as "City's expensively assembled lawyers managed to convince the panel...".

Er, no. The panel decided, after hearing the evidence and applying their legal knowledge, that the rules were unlawful under competition law.

Sad isn't it at how many fans and press/media are happy to abide to illegal rules.
City should be seen as a shining light in standing up to the cartel and it's illegal rules.
Expensively assembled convinced a panel rules were illegal, makes it sound like the panel were uneducated laymen unfamiliar with legal process.

You don't need to read beyond 'convinced a panel', it's both transparent and pathetic.

The press and media I understand, it's their gravy train. The fans of the red shirts I understand too, it's their sense of entitlement and the fact that if they're not automatically on top any more they might "fall out of love with the game" and have to take up crochet or something. Even the ownership of many middling clubs, they have no interest in taking risks as they are onto a good thing and they probably look over their shoulder at some of the clubs in the championship and recognise with the right type of backing they would be overtaken quickly.

The less obvious ones are the fans of mid table and struggling clubs who seem to be happy to forelock tug and tolerate a situation where they are locked into being also rans. In reality I suspect that's only a vocal minority of fans at those clubs and that most, despite what their chairmen might claim on their behalf, would rip your arm off to be in our situation. The 'know what you are chants' mean nothing, it's simply something to chant when your team is losing. The vast majority of football fans would love for their club to be what we are: ambitious, forward thinking, very well run, stable, regenerative for their locale and, most of all, successful.

Did they say we convinced a panel that they were unlawful, unfair & unreasonable?

Odd that he's not picked up that City's winner was given offside by the referee and VAR got it allowed.

Where are we with all this? I know what PGMOL say, but did we actually see the flag go up and Kavanagh signal offside? At the time it just looked like a big disorganized mess .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.