City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Where are we with all this? I know what PGMOL say, but did we actually see the flag go up and Kavanagh signal offside? At the time it just looked like a big disorganized mess .....

Yeah it has been briefed officially that it was disallowed on field and then var allowed the ref to see Bernardo wasn't interfering etc.

I never saw the flag go up watching in TV, but the linesman did seem to be holding his earpiece and probably speaking to the ref for a fair bit. Probably saying he's definitely off, but I don't know if he's in the keepers eyeline, or something like that.

Yeah it has been briefed officially that it was disallowed on field and then var allowed the ref to see Bernardo wasn't interfering etc.

I never saw the flag go up watching in TV, but the linesman did seem to be holding his earpiece and probably speaking to the ref for a fair bit. Probably saying he's definitely off, but I don't know if he's in the keepers eyeline, or something like that.

But then surely the linesman should have put his flag up as the ball went over the line, after which the referee talks to the linesman and determines if he thinks Silva was interfering. Then VAR look at it. Wrong thread I know, just trying to match the official explanation to what happened on the pitch. Not sure it can be.

Odd that he's not picked up that City's winner was given offside by the referee and VAR got it allowed.
Also seems to think Bernardo’s actions before Stones headed the ball could affect an offside decision so doesn’t know the rules!

But then surely the linesman should have put his flag up as the ball went over the line, after which the referee talks to the linesman and determines if he thinks Silva was interfering. Then VAR look at it. Wrong thread I know, just trying to match the official explanation to what happened on the pitch. Not sure it can be.
@halfcenturyup Bang on. It may be the wrong thread, this one is about the Premier League lying about PSR.
Your very valid point about Pigmob lying about an incident during a game should be elsewhere.......
Nah, sod that. It's about the people in charge lying to us. This is the right thread.

That's how I saw it. Lots of noise to make it hard to hear, the City players clearly were aware that it had been disallowed at some point - you can tell from the reaction.

Incompetent sky camerawork not showing the events.

It's pretty much how linesmen are meant to behave - tell the ref, don't give the goal, and then let VAR correct if the player is not actively offside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.