City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Reading that list does make me wonder what has happened to football since the greedy formation of the Premier League. Alan Hardacre and Stanley Rous would be spinning in their graves if they could see the game now.
I've rejigged that post now as below and sent it as a complaint to SKY before passing it on to OFCOM

Blatantly racist reporting

"Sponsorship deal changes
The concept of ATPs
(sic) was introduced to address clubs being able to turn to companies linked to the ownership to bring in sponsorship. How & when they are then assessed at "Fair Market Value" is in dispute - with Abu Dhabi-funded City and Saudi-owned Newcastle, particularly in the sights of rivals and concerns the value of deals could be inflated."
Like US-funded Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Fulham, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Ipswich, Palace, Villa, West Ham, Spurs
or
China funded Wolves,
Thailand funded Leicester,
Greece funded Forest,
Serbia funded Southampton,
Russia funded Everton
Hong Kong funded Brentford & Brighton (bookies)
??
No, it is utterly blatant racist reporting singling out clubs on the basis of ethnicity.

You are clearly in breach of the Ofcom Code are you going to publish an immediate apology?

Last edited:
Expensively assembled convinced a panel rules were illegal, makes it sound like the panel were uneducated laymen unfamiliar with legal process.
Panel Member 1: Oh that Panick, he’s so sesquipedalian.
Panel member 2: I’m confused; what is sponsorship?
Panel member 3: Not sure, is it summat to do with the football shoes they wear?
Panel member 1: Let’s vote for…..
erm, what are they called?…er City?
Panel member3: Why did the league get Jimmy Tarbuck to represent them, when Ken Dodd was available?
Panel member 2: Yes, vote, vote, vote, City are the Masters now.
Trebles all round.

I never knew that. It's a small world.
I don't suppose you were a member of the Greengate Harriers? 12 o'clock Buzzer, like sh*t off a shovel, down to the Gardeners Arms.
Did a handful of lunchtimes in the Gardeners but we spent more time a bit further afield in the Mucky Duck, on Oldham Road, or one of the pubs at the other end of Greengate, near the Lees brewery. Can't recall the name but The Vine rings a bit of a bell.

Last edited:
It's not like the APT rules have stopped us winning. We've won 4 PL titles, an FA Cup and a CL since they were introduced. But the media line is that we've challenged the rules as they've stopped us spending and have impeded our domination.
When have facts mattered, when portraying us as the big bad wolf who'll blow the cartels house down

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.