City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Unrelated to the outstanding PL charges.

I think it depends on the circumstance, but I’m not sure I agree with this point. I think you do need a majority of clubs to decide on bigger issues. Otherwise things like the super league would have happened. It obviously needs reworking though

My hunch is that it might not necessarily be related to attracting new sponsorship, but to increasing existing ones. Stefan has said that City would have to show that we have had a negative finding against us and that this related to material losses. It could be the case that Etihad wanted to enhance their current deal but were denied by the whim of the Premier League, using inappropriate methodology to establish what is/isn't fair value. Moreover, the "comment" made by an official that City plan to reference in the case could have blatantly discriminatory undertones. I am, of course, speculating. Without papers, it is impossible to know how this plays out. But if nothing else, I have learnt that City's owners do not act hastily.

Apparently this was back in Feb.. but it's just come out.

I'm not worried.. 2 simple reasons.

1. I love City
2. Khaldoon doesn't do stuff out of desperation. He crafts a plan.

It may work or it may not work, but he's clearly thought it out.

Now if this has happened the week after 115 charges.. it may be reactionary but it's evident this is something to do with the PL trying to kill our sponsorship deals and obviously they must have given City the ammunition to go after them in court.

It’s come out the day the Dippers sponsors getting shit for funding terrorism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.