City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Interesting to read that City are calling the PL's own sponsorship deals into question, saying that they have a conflict of interest. There's definitely a case for a governing body to regulate the PL's commercial deals. Let's have a forensic look at the PLs accounts and commercial activities and see what's going on.

The league’s other 19 clubs have been invited to participate in the legal action and The Times understands between 10 and 12 have stepped forward, providing either witness statements or a letter detailing evidence in support of the Premier League’s defence against the claim. Those who have provided witness statements may be called by the tribunal to give evidence at the hearing.

glass half empty. I’m thinking the case of the 115 charges ain’t going well at all and city are trying to sling some mud about the place. If it was going well why would we rock the boat.
I was thinking that if this action is successful it (further) strengthens our position re the 115 charges

Never before have we needed the world’s best PR more. This needs to be spun before the opposite spin gets out of control. The Times have started already. That article has huge undertones.
I’d imagine there’ll be more to follow soon. Wednesday Week perhaps.
Mind you, I’m looking forward with relish, as Here Comes The Summer.
It’s Going To Happen, whatever I suppose.
Good job Pannick said to Khaldoon “You’ve Got My Number” last time he saw him……

Millions are being spent on legal fees to fight this case. One senior club source says the Premier League’s legal bill has more than quadrupled in the past year, from about £5million to more than £20million. They also point to the fact that since February the Premier League’s own legal department has been forced to shift its focus to this claim when it is also trying to prepare for the hearing into City’s 115 charges. “This is clearly a tactic,” the source said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.