City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

giphy.gif

I can’t believe Roy is involved in this?

Clearly I bow to his superior legal knowledge, but it seems strange to me this would be usual two-way discovery in a breach of contract case concerning financial irregularity?

Why would the independent panel require the claimant to hand over all emails concerning the respondent to determine if a contract clause has been breached? Unless part of the defence is that there had been a conspiracy against the club, but even then, what does it have to do with the actual charges? I am struggling with all this.

It makes more sense if this was about the APT case. There, it seems, part of the claim is about a conspiracy which would warrant disclosure of correspondence.

All a bit unclear to me.

Edit: The tagline to the main photograph in the article says this: "The legal action by City and their chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, left, has plunged the Premier League into crisis, with its chief executive, Richard Masters, told to disclose all communications referencing the club dating back to 2009." That would make more sense to me, but the text refers the disclosure to the 115 allegations. Confusing.

Last edited:
One thing I don't think I've ever seen discussed in a positive light is that we have a number of sponsors from Abu Dhabi. It is always used as a stick to beat us with.

The reality is that our sponsorship department have actually got a strategy, not just a random scatter-gun approach.
If Etihad do well, the hotels in Abu Dhabi do well, so the tourism industry there does well. It becomes in everyone's interest to act together. How can you actually devise or apply a fair value test for one individual element of that synergy?
It is completely different from a simple single entity becoming the rags official toilet roll partner for example.

I suspect that this is an element of our upcoming case

It shows excellence that companies from that region can dominate on the world stage. Same reason Bayern is backed by German companies & the same reason countries pay Athletes to win gold medals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.