City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Something that I have not seen any comment on (although I have not been able to read every post) - is the issue that I am sure was mentioned when the news broke.

Along the lines that CITY had evidence - in the form of quotes from one of the PL clubs - that demonstrates that there is clear discrimination

Did I just dream that ?
Sorry to quote my own post, but there does not seem to have been any mention of what this evidence is and with the news of the requirement for disclosure I was wondering if this could be something that CITY know will turn up in the disclosed emails/messages

Last edited:
I was just about to ask the same question but why are we only finding out this at the last moment of a hearing.
Surely this should have been standard practise to hand over e-mails from both parties at the onset.
However could it be that the hearing has identified some skullduggery over the last 48/72 hours.
Anyone got any suggestions for a layman like myself on these legal matters ?
Maybe just maybe City have the emails, texts, etc and want to see if the conniving shakers and movers behind Masters will produce them if there is anything proving how they have cheated and twisted the rules at will with no fear of being found out.
Reverse Der Speigel anyone.

Maybe just maybe City have the emails, texts, etc and want to see if the conniving shakers and movers behind Masters will produce them if there is anything proving how they have cheated and twisted the rules at will with no fear of being found out.
Undoubtedly we have something concrete to be this confident .

yep pretty sure we have some nasty emails, text from various time periods. test is now PL has to make sure they provide these as well otherwise there is a mismatch which makes it even worse for the PL.
I do expect some email like between rags, Arse, Levy, dippers and Masters talking to each other like "we need to stop these brown skin arabs no matter what rules we make up"

Sorry to quote my own post, but there does not seem to have been any mention of what this evidence is and with the news of the requirement for disclosure i was wondering if this could be something that CITY know will turn up in the disclosed emails/messages

I suppose it could be that the club has provided evidence to the hearing that implicates the PL or a club, and the only way to prove it wasn't part of a conspiracy is to open up all the correspondence. We don't know, though, and maybe never will.

Thanks and that would be wonderful if that was/is the case.

I suppose it could be that the club has provided evidence to the hearing that implicates the PL or a club, and the only way to prove it wasn't part of a conspiracy is to open up all the correspondence. We don't know, though, and maybe never will.
We may not know from City officially, but there will be signs, and of course the times will have an exclusive report on proceedings .

Sorry to quote my own post, but there does not seem to have been any mention of what this evidence is and with the news of the requirement for disclosure i was wondering if this could be something that CITY know will turn up in the disclosed emails/messages
I think it was something about describing tixxi as a terrorist (or he worked for terrorists)think it might be tolmie who posted it

One thing I don't think I've ever seen discussed in a positive light is that we have a number of sponsors from Abu Dhabi. It is always used as a stick to beat us with.

The reality is that our sponsorship department have actually got a strategy, not just a random scatter-gun approach.
If Etihad do well, the hotels in Abu Dhabi do well, so the tourism industry there does well. It becomes in everyone's interest to act together. How can you actually devise or apply a fair value test for one individual element of that synergy?
It is completely different from a simple single entity becoming the rags official toilet roll partner for example.

I suspect that this is an element of our upcoming case

I think you’re missing the point - they’re all related parties, hence the scrutiny. You’re simply emphasising why there’s a widely held theory that the entire purpose of the City ownership is to benefit and project Abu Dhabi onto the world, via football.

Surely we should have hired competent people who could facilitate investment exclusively from non-related parties and remove any doubt as to where the money is coming from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.