City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Yes but Alexis De Tocqueville first used it, in a study of American democracy published in 1835.

Not only do you have to be an expert on subjects such law, accounting, geopolitics and history to be a City fan these days, you also have to be a philosopher.

Descartes said "I think, therefore I am". He might have amended that these days to "I can't think, therefore I am a red-shirt fan".

My favourite philosopher….

IMG_8086.jpeg

Im sorry but i think the "he who smelt it dealt it act of 2012" takes precedence here
Im afraid the case law from Followed Through PLC v Dirty Arse Ltd ex parte SBD LLP 1987 takes precedence here with Justice Skidmark commenting in obiter that "If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a fucking duck".

There's nothing wrong with the wording. Give your fanny a wipe Timothy. "Tyranny of the majority" isn't a new phrase, it's been used countless times. And it sums up perfectly what we are dealing with. A tyranny by majority, or do you disagree?
I bet you use that phrase all the time. Go and brush your teeth.

The issue is that phrase makes it easy for the manipulative media to report that we object to democratic votes. Not just a simple majority but a two thirds majority. Not only that, it was being reported that we were calling a dozen fellow Premier League Clubs tyrants. Do you seriously think our great legal brains couldn’t have come up with a better form of wording to get the argument across.

I bet you use that phrase all the time. Go and brush your teeth.

The issue is that phrase makes it easy for the manipulative media to report that we object to democratic votes. Not just a simple majority but a two thirds majority. Not only that, it was being reported that we were calling a dozen fellow Premier League Clubs tyrants. Do you seriously think our great legal brains couldn’t have come up with a better form of wording to get the argument across.
No matter how it was phrased, the media would have twisted it to suit. Not that they should have had the document in the first place. The people on the panel will understand the meaning very well, they're the people who are important here, certainly not the media or idiots on social media.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.