City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Yes but Alexis De Tocqueville first used it, in a study of American democracy published in 1835.

Not only do you have to be an expert on subjects such law, accounting, geopolitics and history to be a City fan these days, you also have to be a philosopher.

Descartes said "I think, therefore I am". He might have amended that these days to "I can't think, therefore I am a red-shirt fan".
Ah interesting, I knew it was a phrase that got used a lot in relation to the American constitution and state rights but I hadn't realized it had an earlier coinage! You'd think the red shirts would know this?!

Yes but Alexis De Tocqueville first used it, in a study of American democracy published in 1835.

Not only do you have to be an expert on subjects such law, accounting, geopolitics and history to be a City fan these days, you also have to be a philosopher.

Descartes said "I think, therefore I am". He might have amended that these days to "I can't think, therefore I am a red-shirt fan".

A Footballing Philosophy:
Protagoras……….”Man is the measure of all things”
The PL……”Whatever we say is the absolute truth”
Hesiod……”Moderation in all things is best.”
The PL……”We love being extreme”
Shakespeare…”Neither a borrower nor a lender be.”
The PL………….”Borrow as much as you like. Debt is good.”

There is an argument that restricting Amortisation in the way they have done is not in accord with UK Law.

My understanding is that in the statutory accounts there won’t be any change in the numbers that FRS 102 dictates so a contract signed a 8 year deal will be over 8 years in the accounts submitted

FRS process is dictated to by The Taxes Management Act which says that an intangible assets( players contracts) has to amortised over the period of its useful life which in the case of a footballer is the contract length.

Talking putting the cat among the pigeons which I hope Chelsea don’t but the PL are in a mess because they keep tweaking the rules around PSR and every time they do they dig a deeper whole for themselves

I’ve not run with any interpretation. I’ve shared how the media have been reporting this phrase. If you can’t accept that City / our lawyers can make a genuine mistake then that’s up to you. It has already died down helped by very knowledgable Blues who have explained they City are almost certainly not taking on the Prem’s two thirds majority voting rule.

People who have worked on highly contentious legislation / litigations will understand how important the Comms often are.
Think someone should be taking on the two thirds majority voting rule. When you have a cartel of American owned clubs voting together, it can soon become a tyranny of the majority.

Think someone should be taking on the two thirds majority voting rule. When you have a cartel of American owned clubs voting together, it can soon become a tyranny of the majority.
I've no doubt that there are current prospective US based owners out there with dollar signs in their eyes at the thought of a Premier League 'franchise' system.

Would that be something like..
"Jogo non bonito ergo scum"?

Im afraid the case law from Followed Through PLC v Dirty Arse Ltd ex parte SBD LLP 1987 takes precedence here with Justice Skidmark commenting in obiter that "If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a fucking duck".
Almost correct, but it wasn’t obiter, it was ratio and Dirty Arse Ltd. were ordered to clean up their act.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Prem try to encourage American ownership of Everton. 14 American owned clubs could be round the corner. Obviously they won’t collude all the time, apart from where they have a common interest. Prem Games in New York could be a couple of years away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.