City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Retired judges have money , nice mansions and pensions,not sure they are bothered about reputation
in which case they should be impartial either way no, if they have no dog in the fight and arent bothered about reputations and to be fair even with nice house and pensions reputations can and do still matter.

No lawyer, but .....

I think the difference is that the salary cap in the Saracens case was applied equally across all clubs in the league. The APT rules, as can be shown by the timing of their introduction and the definition of associated party, unfairly affect clubs that have a certain type of owner and a consequent type of business model.

I don't know if the club really has the goal of having the whole set of APT rules thrown out (if they wanted that they could have tried that between November 2023 and February 2024, for example). I suppose they could, though, and if they do they will probably not be successful for the stated reasons (which are probably also the reasons FFP itself has never been challenged).

I think it is more likely the club are aiming to have the more discriminatory rules and definitions changed to more generic terms that apply equally irrespective of who the owners care and what the business model is. They could have success there, I think (and let's not forget there were rules around the value of related party transactions before the APT rules, it's not like there isn't a fall-back position for the PL).

Which may be why some press reports say some wins and some defeats for both parties.

By the way, this doesn't mean that the club isn't asking for an assessment of the whole rule set. Why not aim high? I am suggesting their goal is to remove the discriminatory and unnecessarily burdensome nature of the February rule changes to the club and other clubs in the same situation.
Excellent points, made with surgical precision.

I would be upset if someone dismissed my point like that, personally i think it is a good point, maybe worded badly like most of mine, but still with merit, after all the ex Belgium PM has got lots of money but still gave a result UEFA wanted

I would be upset if someone dismissed my point like that, personally i think it is a good point, maybe worded badly like most of mine, but still with merit, after all the ex Belgium PM has got lots of money but still gave a result UEFA wanted
Reputation is absolutely critical to the overwhelming majority of these people. It’s the currency they trade In and off.
To dismiss it lightly is very silly imho.

Thanks , he is a troll who has latched onto me so dont worry about him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.