City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Ziegler has already given a window to the verdict in his piece today.

It's clearly a steer the Premier League have fallen foul on Executives having to justify why a sponsorship deal is worth what it is :)

Illegal laws being implemented, not knowing the interpretations of their own rule book in the Leicester case. What a fantastic well run league we have, there’s a story here but no hack will go near it.

There are three arbitrators. If Teare is the chairman, as was suggested on here earlier, then Dyson was presumably chosen by the PL. Likely the club chose Vajda who was arbitrator in the successful challenge (along with Dyson, by the way) by football agencies to the fee cap rule introduced by FIFA on football agents’ fees.

While interesting as a discussion point, I am not sure anything can be read into this case from the decisions made by the arbitrators on previous cases.

In my uneducated view, this case will be decided on the specific, and unique, rules in the PL handbook and whether the comply or not with English law. To my mind at least, those rules (or, at least, some elements of them) can be shown to be discriminatory, unfairly burdensome on a targeted group, and unnecessary to meet the PL's objectives.

But what the fuck do I know? :)
A lot more than me mate, you make a lot of sense when inputting a view.

Can’t find the article but sounds good news.
Presumably he's referring to this article:-

Although it only says it's "imminent" (yes, really).

It does name the 3 judges which I don't think I've seen previously but then I've been busy as the wife had a couple of mini strokes. I'm only on here as a sort of time out :(

"The Lawyer website has reported that the independent panel involved in the APT arbitration is made up of three of the most experienced and respected judges in the country. The three tribunal members are all retired senior judges: Sir Nigel Teare, Lord John Dyson KC and Christopher Vajda KC.
Lord Dyson, a former Master of the Rolls, is also a former Justice of the Supreme Court and over the past five years has sat on the appeal tribunals for Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County and Nottingham Forest’s PSR cases."

Ziegler has already given a window to the verdict in his piece today.

It's clearly a steer the Premier League have fallen foul on Executives having to justify why a sponsorship deal is worth what it is :)

Possibly. I prefer his earlier steer that City had some wins (plural).

He only knows what he has been told, of course, but I doubt that removal of the requirement for associated parties to provide a statement as to fair value would be the only "win". It may be one of the easier "wins", though, as my feeling is s that the PL has no right to demand anything of third parties (compare to investigations, for example).

Pretty sure there are other more meaty areas up for grabs, but we shall have to wait and see :)

Presumably he's referring to this article:-

Although it only says it's "imminent" (yes, really).

It does name the 3 judges which I don't think I've seen previously but then I've been busy as the wife had a couple of mini strokes. I'm only on here as a sort of time out :(

"The Lawyer website has reported that the independent panel involved in the APT arbitration is made up of three of the most experienced and respected judges in the country. The three tribunal members are all retired senior judges: Sir Nigel Teare, Lord John Dyson KC and Christopher Vajda KC.
Lord Dyson, a former Master of the Rolls, is also a former Justice of the Supreme Court and over the past five years has sat on the appeal tribunals for Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County and Nottingham Forest’s PSR cases."

Hope she's OK, matey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.